Steam Summer Sale is finally live, go spend some money

Thursday, 12th July 2012 18:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Finally, right? The Summer Sale features Daily Deals, Customer Choice Sales and more. Get shots of the sales below. The sale runs through July 22, and you will want to check everyday for the Flash Sales. Today’s daily deals include franchises: Modern Warfare 3, Portal 2, Total War: Shogun 2, Might & Magic: Heroes VI, Terraria, Crusader Kings II, Legend of Grimrock, Ridge Racer Unbounded, and Indie Bundle I.

1. OlderGamer

Heavy traffic, it keeps going out on me. Some nice sales tho.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Yeah, it is overloaded. I tried to get The Walking Dead. No dice.

3. Stardog

Shogun 2 is mine if that price translates well to £.

I haven’t bought a TW game since Rome. Too samey.

Thanks for the screenshots.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Np. It was easier honestly, and less chance of a typo :D :D

5. AlchemyFire

Very heavy traffic, can’t do anything. Still have 23hours though :P so hopefully the mad rush will settle down and everyone will purchase in an orderly fashion

6. Sadismek

God dammit! I can’t do anything, huge traffic, I forsee. I want Crusader Kings II now! Hope Witcher II gets voted for the next bundle, would like to have it on Steam :D. I predict I’ll run out of my monthly savings in 20 minutes.

7. DSB

That’s basically tradition by now though. It always takes 20 minutes to buy something unless you wait a few hours for things to calm down :P

8. Sadismek

Hehe :P. It’s loading pretty slowly, isn’t it? I just hope Arkham City or Witcher 2 to be the next deal. Can’t wait for them to embrace my quite slim collection :D.

9. OlderGamer

If I buy NFS Shift 2, will I have to go thru Origin to play it?

10. Edo

Mafia II it is then.

11. silkvg247

The THQ pack is great.. but I own half the games.. and I despise them stealing my extra copies that should rightuflly be mine. Nothing to buy yet then..

12. GwynbleiddiuM

Goodbye vacation money, hello lots of new games that I hardly have time to play them all.

13. OlderGamer

Silk, can’t you just keep the extras and trade them to another user for extra copies of games they have laying around?

14. silkvg247

@13 No, that’s my point exactly. If you buy a bundle and already own any of the games in it, you do not get giftable copies. You get nothing.

I think it’s disgraceful, it penalizes people who are frequent game purchasers.

If I got giftable copies of darksiders, SR3, homefront, metro, stalker, then I would buy the THQ bundle. As it is now, the reason I don’t get the giftable copies is the sole reason I won’t buy the bundle. Same logic applies to every bundle in every sale, I always own a fair portion of the games, and I refuse to get ripped off.