Guild Wars 2 gets four-disc soundtrack from Jeremy Soule

Monday, 9th July 2012 09:19 GMT By Stace Harman

A four-disc soundtrack for ArenaNet and NCsoft’s upcoming MMORPG, Guild Wars 2, is being offered via DirectSong. The aural epic is composed by Jeremy Soule, who has created music for dozens of video games, including titles in the Baldur’s Gate, Elder Scrolls and Warhammer franchises. A limited number of copies of the four-CD set of the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack will be signed by Soule. The soundtrack is available for purchase now, while Guild Wars 2 launches on PC on August 28.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. TheWulf

Even Guild Wars 2 aside, Jeremy Soule is amazing.

Here’s what he’s worked on. If you love the music of those games then you’re pretty much guaranteed to dig what he’s doing here.

I’m glad it was him handling the music, because his stuff is simply wonderful.

2. Moonwalker1982

Yeah the dude is amazing. I don’t know how he does it, but after 300 hours of Skyrim and always hearing the music, the music still ain’t boring me or annoying me, not at all.

3. roadkill

Yes! \o/ I’m going to get these. :)

4. NeoSquall

Soule already directed the first Guild Wars and its expansions’ soundtracks, it was the most logical decisions to put him in the sequel as well, but hot damn, 4 discs!

5. Gewehrdalf

It’s great to hear that ;)
    allready got the game from mmoga, and so want to hear more of the music until guild wars 2 finally releases

6. Suikoden Fan

shame this wasnt included in that dear collectors edition

7. NeoSquall

The only CEs that included the full soundtrack in the last years have been Aion and Final Fantasy XIII-2 (the Crystal Edition).

All the others included a sample disc only.

8. Suikoden Fan

personally i’m getting fed up of sample discs in collectors edition just doesnt feel so great unless its the full soundtrack

9. janslove

I don’t know how he does it, but after 300 hours of Skyrim and always hearing the music.

10. fearmonkey

I have been a huge fan of his since Total Annihilation, the best composer in games in my opinion. He knows how to make a sad melancholy track yet instill hope in it too. There are not many composers that do that well, and Soule does it consistantly.