First Horn movie released, mobile to “replace” console

Wednesday, 27th June 2012 09:31 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Phosphor Games has released a first trailer for core iOS action adventure Horn, to be released in partnership with Zynga, with the developer insisting that tablets and mobile are set to “replace” consoles.

The video shows a cartoon fantasy action-adventure involving sword combat.

“Mobile and tablet systems are quickly becoming to main way people play games, replacing consoles,” said Phosphor’s Chip Sineni. “The problem is that gamers aren’t finding the game they like to play on mobile.”

He added: “We saw a real lack of action-adventure games on mobile, so we created Horn.”

There’s no release date. The game was announced overnight.

1. Gheritt White

“Mobile and tablet systems are quickly becoming to main way people play games, replacing consoles”

There is SO MUCH wrong with that statement.

2. Patrick Garratt

It’s complete bollocks, yeah. I’m going to write something about it. I really don’t know why people are making this connection.

3. silkvg247

Sounds like they are trying to convince themselves tbh.

4. DrDamn

Aside from the still visuals that looks pretty awful. Stilted combat and movement – can’t think why that would be…

5. TheBlackHole

“replacing councils”

I think you all heard him wrong, he said councils. Maybe that means we can control our own constituencies via an openworld tablet game – that’ll show the government who’s boss.

Also, what’s with the shitty dubbing. Could it be lost in translation?

6. TheBlackHole

Oh, and the game looks shite.

7. Khan979

I’ll keep my console thanks…

8. ncheste

Woah, hold up, a second. While his choice of words was poor, I think he’s trying to suggest that more people are playing games on mobile devices than there are active users on consoles, or that the gap between the two is closing.

I don’t have hard data in front of me, but that doesn’t seem entirely unlikely. I don’t think this person is saying that mobile gaming is going to replace consoles and that in the near future, consoles will never exist because obviously they’re the inferior platform for gaming. He’s saying that they’re on their way to becoming the most used devices for gaming, an honor formerly held by consoles.

Relax, guys — consoles aren’t going anywhere, and that’s not what anyone is saying. You’re misinterpreting a statement here to cause a sink about something you’re passionate about, and that’s totally not fair.

9. onlineatron

Enjoyed Dark Medow, some great characterisation in that game. Looking forward to this.