Rohde: Vita can do “pretty special things” compared to Wii U tablet

Tuesday, 19th June 2012 03:37 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony’s Scott Rohde believes the Vita’s connectivity with the PlayStation 3 is a better solution to multi-screen gaming than either Nintendo’s Wii U Game Pad or Microsoft’s Smart Glass mobile initiative.

“Because we have the Vita, I think we can do a lot of special things,” the Worldwide Studios vice president told GamesIndustry.

“And remember, that Wii U tablet doesn’t have a processor in it, so it’s got to be fueled by that box sitting under your TV.

“We can do some pretty special things that you’ll start to see on the floor this year and you’ll see more over the upcoming months about what you can do when you actually have a processor in the thing that’s in your hand as well.”

Rohde talked up the Vita’s cross-platform compatibility with the PS3 as another major differentiator.

“When you start to see how you can cross over between the two platforms – look at two of the titles that are here at E3, PlayStation All-Stars and Sly 4, for example,” he said.

“Both available on Vita and PS3, and there’s some sort of interactivity across the board. Developers are interested in that kind of stuff.”

The executive also stressed, again, that the Vita is still in its early lifetime, and that an upcoming swathe of new releases will give it a shot in the arm.

1. Dragon246

Unfortunately, its the most expensive option out of 3 alternatives too. But for someone like me who owns both vita and ps3, its good news.

2. Gheritt White

Yeah, it’s not like Nintendo are charging an extra £200-odd quid for the Wii U’s controller.

3. DrDamn

Yes it can, but the clear differentiator – and one Nintendo used to great advantage with the Wii too – is that every WiiU owner will have one. I really like these features but I expect them to be generally something only Sony end up supporting.

4. ManuOtaku

The key here is price point and that the WiiU cames with the gamepad on the same box, now the thing is the plans sony has under thier belt, they can release a ps4 with a vita on it, later on, which leads again to the price factor as well, unless sony decide to have more losses than they alredy have, but again this leads to another point, different games for the different machines, they need to have an strong support of vita only tittles too, in order to not canabilize one over the other.

5. polygem

hi sony. i just sold mine. y´know why?
    you wasn´t even able to deliver some remote play action…why not sly 1,2,3 hd on the vita? why not ratchet and clank hd collection also for vita? so hard? i don´t think so.
    but now you can do EVEN MORE cool stuff with the vita? wow…yea. show me what u got.
    but maybe you should focus on the stuff that should´ve been working since launch and then, when that works, focus on the extracool stuff.

6. monkeygourmet

Sold mine too,

bright idea trying to make me buy my PSP games again… No thanks, Sony.

7. ManuOtaku

#5 i understand you Poly, the sad part is they do release at the same time for the ps3 and vita, games that are not that well suited for a handheld, like platform games, like the one you mentioned ratchet and clank games, that is baffling to say the least.

But i do really think they need also to make games on vita that are only found on vita, and games that uses all the great features this system have like little deviants, and gravity rush, both games have both characteristics, but they are exceptions rather than the rule, or at least establish a healthy balance between “ports” and the before mentioned type of games, if they cannot find that balance, it will be real hard for the vita, that and the PSP games issue, thats the two most important things in the eyes of the consumers.

8. DrDamn

@5 & @6
    You both sold it because of features which weren’t announced or available at time of purchase. So you actually sold it because you shouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

I don’t understand why people don’t just wait and see before buying something they know doesn’t meet their requirements then bitch and moan that it doesn’t before selling it. Take some responsibility for yourself and your own decisions.

9. ManuOtaku

#8″I don’t understand why people don’t just wait and see before buying something they know doesn’t meet their requirements then bitch and moan that it doesn’t before selling it. Take some responsibility for yourself and your own decisions”

They cannot at least try to see if the device is for them or not, i think that shows responsability in their decisions, at least they have their own opinion rather than an outside opinion, i think that is a good consumer habit.

10. Gadzooks!

Ahem. Should I mention the Wii and 3ds you bought and sold after a short time, discovering they ‘didnt suit your needs’? ;)

I did the same with a PS3 and a Wii, although I do regret selling the Wii.

You cannot predict how well a device will pan out, but we all like our tech so we do go out on a limb from time to time.

11. DrDamn

That’s fine, but saying it’s Sony’s fault for not adding features it didn’t say it would isn’t.

The core difference is that I fully accept responsibility for those decisions. I don’t blame it on Nintendo – I simply accept they aren’t for me, and move on.

I also kept the 3DS for a year and Wii for longer.

12. monkeygourmet

Nintendo royally fucked the 3DS launch, what did they do?

Lower the price considerably

Gave a free games package to existing owners

Quickly got some triple AAA games out the door

Pretty good if you ask me…

What has Sony done? F**k all really, especially considering they should have shown alot more at E3 (price drop? Memory stick bundle? Free PSP games etc…)

It just shows arrogance in my book, very similar launch to the PS3 and it could cost them dearly…

13. OrbitMonkey

I’m not spending £200+ on a handheld, because I can use it alongside my PS3… I’ll stick to just using my PS3… Thanks.

Smartglass sounds a lot more promising as I could link it up to my phone… Well as long as Smartglass supports Android that is.

14. manamana

Sony is really good in bragging “we can do that too but better”. They could’ve shown the WiiU knockout feature with Vita/PS3 on E3 … but they didn’t. I’m shure sometime next year (E3) they have something to show. Until then, they have just a handheld with a crude storage card, a mediocre games library and an unattractive price tag.

15. Gadzooks!

I’m looking forward to smartglass too, but preparing for an irony enema when Windows Phone is announced as the last device to support it, probably 6 months after the others! :D

16. DrDamn

“A lot of these features were annouced in there show reel a year before Vita’s launch.”

Remote play and what else?

“Also, the fact these features are up and running by other means, just shows Sony’s arrogance regarding with holding features.”

From what I’ve seen they got it Remote play working but not very well. There is a big difference between a hack and a released feature. If you want the latter it takes time, particularly when looking at supporting a load of older software.

The Nintendo situation

“Lowered the price” – yes this was a massive factor in it’s success, but they were in a much better position to do this considering the margin they had on top of the manufacturing costs. Agree Vita needs one and expect a price drop at some point before Christmas.

“Gave a free games package to existing owners” – that’s due to the price drop. If Sony dropped the price so soon after launch I would have been asking for the same.

“Introduced a new firmware update that imporoved the interface, video recording etc…”. Given the original one was a bit rubbish this was needed. Vita’s interface and OS is one of it’s strong points.

“Quickly got some triple AAA games out the door” – no, no they didn’t. They eventually got some AAA games out but it was a good 10 months+.

“What has Sony done?” – some pretty good sales of digital titles on the European store for a start. Lots of free/very cheap little games too. Memory stick and game bundles are pretty easy to come by now – there were even some at launch.

I’m not saying it’s all fantastic. E3 was poor for Vita – they should have had more there. My point was don’t blame a product you have sold for not having a feature, when you bought it before it was firmly going to happen.

17. lexph3re

@12 Your comparison is so off. Nintendo dropped the price 6-8 months into its first year. Vita has respectively been out 4-5 months. How can you honestly expect the same in a shorter amount of time?

Also, i guess you didn’t hear during nintendos press conference that Reggie stated that the Wii U will not have all of the features availible during launch but some time afterwards. Does that imply Sony is crap for not having a flood of features readily availible? No it does not.

Sony showed first party titles playing on Vita. Which is much easier to show as opposed to third party developers becausw they have to actually know how to implemeng the tech in past and present titles.

Do you really think these devs are going to drop current projects to work of remote play patches for their older titles? Nope thats something to implement in future titles.

You really have unreasonable expectations out of both Sony and these 3rd party devs for the last 4 months.

18. Da Man

3ds pricecut occured 3 months after the launch. Fact of life.

19. Aimless

As I’m sure a lot of people missed it, Sony were showing LBP2 Cross Control at E3.

20. DrDamn

Released in Japan End Feb 2011. Price drop was announce end of July 2011. I make that 5 months.

21. Da Man

Vita launch – Dec 2011.

Using the same logic, that’s 6 months.

22. Dragon246

@8,
    You are completely right. You should atleast give 1-2 years to a console before selling it off. Many people who say things like “I sold it off after buying” are just trolling.
    @6,
    “bright idea trying to make me buy my PSP games again… No thanks, Sony”
    Really? If this bugged you so much then why then you bought it in the first place even after knowing that vita cant play umds? I dont give a damn to this even though I have around 25 umds because I play those on psp and I want new games for vita ,not the ones I already played.
    “Very bad show regarding getting features up and running that other people (hackers) have seem to have managed.”
    What features? Emulators? Sorry but I dont think anyone bought vita to play gameboy games on it.
    “I hope someone cracks it wide open soon to show Sony to stop focusing on anti-piracy measures over customer service…”
    Now this is BS. Sony consoles are always hacked because their hardware is the best in the business and its exactly because of this sony does not provide some features on its hardware. OtherOS (probably used by none except marijuana smoking geohot) was removed because it was used to hack ps3. No one bothers with nintys console because their hardware sucks ass, just like 3ds is not hacked yet because nothing can be gained from hacking it.Its mainly due to rampant piracy on psp that 3rd party support vanished, I would hate that to happen to vita.

23. DrDamn

Not my point though was it? Good sidestep though. Fact of life.

24. Da Man

What ‘re you on about, #23?

Originally, I was just correcting..

25. OlderGamer

Can I ask a question? And not in any way shape or form trolling, but:

If a system is so expensive to manufacter it won’t sell and the company making it can not afford to lower the price, whos fault is that?

I read it alot. The 3DS had a price cut, because it is cheap to make. The Vita is so expensive Sony can’t afford to reduce the price right now. Sony did the same thing with PS3.

Isn’t that a fatal flaw in their(Sonys) strategy? Isn’t that something companies should try and avoid? Building tech you can’t afford, and selling it for a price that the average gamer won’t pay…

Seems like madness to me.

And before anyone points it out, I understand that was once the biz model of gaming. Expensive hardware sold at a loss where profit is made on game sales. But folks that notion is as outdated as my wardrobe. Think about, used games. MS, Sony, and Nintendo don’t turn a dime on liscening fees when a used game is sold.

Also the more systems on the market the harder it is to recoup your hardware costs. Sure I own all three systems, but my game purchases are spread out amoung them. Where as in 1988, I only owned a NES, so all of the games I bought resulted in fees colected for Nintendo.

Say what you folks want, but Nintendo is smart. The DS, Wii, and 3DS are all affordable to produce and thus can be priced at near impulse purchase levels. I expect WiiU to have the same idea behind it. I don’t believe a platform manufacter can afford to lose masive amounts of money on hardware anymore.

So, I ask you, tech and bells and whistles aside, whos fault is that Vita won’t sell? And secondly how long can that happen and not effect 3rd parties from pulling their support due to lower then expected install base?

Food for thought.

26. Dragon246

Also whoever says that remote play on vita is enabled by hackers is plain stupid. I can do that too with vita. The only thing you need for that is a 3.55cfw ps3, nothing else.
    I tried it with kz2 and bf3 and it works (although not very well).

27. ManuOtaku

#22 “OtherOS (probably used by none except marijuana smoking geohot) was removed because it was used to hack ps3. No one bothers with nintys console because their hardware sucks ass, just like 3ds is not hacked yet because nothing can be gained from hacking it”.

I think many people did use the OtherOS features, your lack of empathy is an appaling one, in the case that only one person was affected by this, it would had my sympathy/empathy, becuase the same could had happened to me, and if it was used for the hack sony did put it in there, they share the responsability for that alongside, with what you call it, oh yes marijuana smoking, i think he was not the only one smoking marijuana, some suits too.

Wii console was hacked, and lets not talk abouth the Ds, but of course only the “most powerfull consoles get hacked”, looking at the ps2 as a fine example for an accurate comment.

p.s OG i do agree, thats the reason why i do believe the price for the next xbox console is the one leaked on the documments, at least it will be pretty close to that 300$-350$

28. DrDamn

You said the price drop was 3 months and put it out there as a fact. You were as wrong (as the original poster) – I was correcting your “fact”, not your point about the original poster.

It’s two different approaches. One isn’t necessarily better than the other. Sony will have factored in price drops into the cycle.

“Say what you folks want, but Nintendo is smart.”

29. lexph3re

Honestly, Sony produces higher quality consoles because thats what some people want. Its merely supply and demand. Nintendo offers one thing Sony offers another. Thats nobodies fault in business, what it is though is the consumer decisions taking effect. Majority of the consumers are cheap arses. if you had to choose between the 100 dollar blender that has every possible setting you can think of compared to the 20 dollar standard blender. Most people will choose the standard one.

That doesn’t mean the 100 dollar one is buring itself because its still selling to everyone that its intended to sell to. But, soon as the initial buyers all buy and the worth is diminishing then they lower the price and you got the guy looking to replace his broken 20 dollar blender with something else. however this time the 100 dollar blender is now 50 and he’s “happy”

30. Dragon246

@25,
    The problem is not that 3ds received a price cut, but that ninty swindled early adopters into buying an overpriced system. As a vita owner I would hate to see a price drop unless sony provides me 1-2 AAA titles for free, not some 10-20 year old games that ninty provided in ambassador program.
    I think selling hardware at a loss is the best policy. If you dont believe me , then you should know that sony followed this policy with PlayStation products and had success with 3 consoles- ps (102 million), ps2 (157million sold ltd) and psp (75 million sold ltd). They have sold more console hardware than anyone in the past 2 decades using this policy. Also better hardware provides longer life to your console, which is a good thing for everyone w3ho ids not an early adopter as they know that the system will be supported for a long time.

31. DrDamn

“And secondly how long can that happen and not effect 3rd parties from pulling their support due to lower then expected install base?”

I think reading between the lines there are undertones of this already. This is why I expect a price drop pre-Christmas.

32. ManuOtaku

#28 “Over pricing based on cost and then being forced into a big price drop just after launch isn’t any smarter than not being able to drop your price is it? It resolved the situation for Nintendo but it’s very far away from smart.”

Again i dont want to sound like a broken record here, but the 3DS was not overpriced, taking in consideration the direct and indirect cost, adding the profit, if nintendo is losing money right now with the 3DS at 170$, one can argue the net profit is something between 40-50$, again not overpriced in my eyes, the thing they did wanted to avoid was taking losses, which they are doing right now.

33. lexph3re

I guess you missed the article on Iwata stating they priced the 3ds at 250 because they new people would pay it as opposed to it being worth it.

34. ManuOtaku

#29 i agree, but the thing is the 100 dollar bender, also tries to go for the standard blender market too, adding standard features on them, so i dont know if they got the target right, at the very least they are not clear with their main target.

35. ManuOtaku

#33 okey thats a fair point, but is not a reason for saying it was overpriced, overpriced is when you have all the costs involve and you see a net profit about something more than a 50% of that total cost, which was not the case here, they thought i would sold better, they could reduce the profit to 10 to 20$ per unit,thats for sure, but either way it was not overpriced due all the costs involve.

36. Dragon246

@27,
    “I think many people did use the OtherOS features, your lack of empathy is an appaling one”
    Actually its the opposite, all cases against sony were quashed by court in this regard because this feature was used by very few people.
    Also about hacks, I have followed the hacking scene for years now and you know, the number of people trying to hack ps3 and vita far exceeds those for other consoles. They even organize contests to see who is first and best. And ps3 hacking is business now for hackers (true blue dongle).

37. ManuOtaku

#36 please add this part of my previous comment in your comment
    ” in the case that only one person was affected by this, it would had my sympathy/empathy, becuase the same could had happened to me, and if it was used for the hack sony did put it in there, they share the responsability for that alongside, with what you call it, oh yes marijuana smoking, i think he was not the only one smoking marijuana, some suits too”.

38. Dragon246

@37,
    So whats your point?
    Also if 3ds was not expensive , then vita is certainly is selling at a loss. But if ninty is the only company that tries is sell its hardware at a considerable profit (a loot) when others sell it at a loss, then its an exception, and certainly not a good one for consumers.

39. Da Man

#28 (DrDamn) That was the whole purpose of my post..

Practice applying sarcasm where it’s fitting.

Oh and, this is the first and only gen when Sony ‘ve made powerful and durables consoles. Went thru two of each of their prev ones. Overheating of the psx which lead to spindle (or whatever the black thing ‘s called) damage, and clicking noises in ps2 dvd-rom. Both utterly abysmal in terms of graphical power too.

40. DrDamn

Ok, fair enough.

41. Dragon246

@39,
    “Both utterly abysmal in terms of graphical power too”
    First time I heard that for ps1, FIRST console to have 3d games- that says a lot about graphics.
    Also it released 2 years before n64.

42. Da Man

#41, first one was Sega Saturn, if not 3DO. N64 was better at 3d graphics.

At edit – x360 was released a year before too, and DC was released almost 2 years before PS2, while Saturn came out about a year or so before psx..

43. DrDamn

“DC was released almost 2 years before PS2, while Saturn came out about a year or so before psx..”

Is this sarcasm again? Saturn was November 1994, PSX was December 1994. Dreamcast was 15 months ahead of the PS2.

Incidentally I tend to agree with you – at least in respect of reliability. PSX was shocking, I was playing mine upside down so it would read discs properly. DC was well ahead of it’s time graphically too.

44. Erthazus

As always, crappy anti-Sony rhetoric from TardMan which had issues with Sony consoles before because they are from Sony with Sticky Jumps games. Probably jerked off in front of it if he went through two consoles. LOL

Saturn released in November (1994) while PlayStation was released in December at the same year in Japan.
    With May/July in NA or WW for Saturn and September WW for Playstation.

Yeah, saying that N64 was better at 3d graphics is like saying that Halo: Reach was in true 720P or Steam lack party chat features.
    That “disaster” does not even had Video Memory (!) and it was a 96 year. The start of “32-bit color” era (for videocards) and Nvidia’s development on RIVA TNT2 and even GeForce 256. Not to mention that thing had shitty cartridges. The only thing where it was better, in processor obviously in 96 but at that time Sony already worked with the PS2 for 200 MHz+ processor and 100+ MHz GPU.

45. Dragon246

@42,
    Yeah, saturn was first (by 2 weeks), my bad.
    As I said n64 launched 2 years afterwards, so it was bound to have better graphics( in some ways), but cartridge made sure it was it never used properly.

46. Da Man

Not this time, I thought Saturn came out at the start of 94, turns out in Japan it was simultaneous. Dc was almost two years though.

Them bloody spindles.. To add to that, I ‘ve had a rocking good time fixing my ps2 dvd-rom by manually adjusting it with a screwdriver.. Good times, sigh.

Erthamiserable, you’re an idiot. I’m not even going to argue with all that.. It had unified memory, 96 saw release of the very first 3d games, and it handled Perfect Dark while psx struggled with Chrono cross.. let alone 3d games.. I’m not even going into checking all the bullshit you’ve just typed angrily there.

Mudilo.

47. Da Man

Oh wow, the idiot has just added even more from Wikipedia.

Erzamoron.. your understanding of everything is just as impressive as your Dostoevsky analysis.

Poshel na hui, kusok derma. Dostatochno po-russki?

Edit – and yes indeed, the difference between Reach renders and 720p is barely noticeable, esp for someone like you. As well as Steam doesn’t allow the same ease of use as Xbl does like I said, e.g. cross game invites, mandatory muting of anyone in any videogame and the such.

Funny. Keep trying. not that you have anything better to do.

48. DrDamn

“Dc was almost two years though.”
    15 months isn’t almost 2 years. Late Nov 1998 -> Early March 2000. I did have some great times with my DC though. Not just graphically ahead of it’s time, in other ways too. Display on your controller anyone? Online console gaming?

49. Erthazus

Herp Derp, sticky jumps, idiot, POSV what else TardMan? So how you went through two consoles or 2-4 PS3s’? Jerked on them?

“I’m not even going to argue with all that..”

you already DID, TardMan.

“it handled Perfect Dark”

That looked like shit. Thank you. PsX at that time had Metal Gears and other stuff that looks great even today while no one gives a flying fuck about 3D mess that was on the N64 that sold for 32 million units at best.

“unified memory”

RDRAM? :D LOLWUT? RDRAM that came with a high access latency that caused a pain in the butts of developers because of shitty console performance?
    Bravo sir *slow clap*

TardMan as it’s best!

“Mudilo.”

Ha. Awesome. Incorrect word bitch. You owned yourself just now, you need to join Infinity Ward and write a story in their games. :D

Edit: Keep editing your post and creating new ones.

50. Da Man

Slushai menia ti, kusok derma… Kak ia uzhe skazal, tvoie ponimanie lubogo predmeta takoe zhe kak i tvoi analiz knig.. Smeshno chto ti iavliaeshsia immenno vsem tem chto kaliakiaesh tut..

I didn’t edit any.. guy, you’re a sad person.

51. Erthazus

Sad person is the one who tries to write in Russian language using transliteration or Google transliteration at the same time making mistakes in every word out there and trying to bitch about Sony consoles in Teh internetZ.

Sorry bro, you can continue with your bullshit in the future, it’s funny. Just Believe. This year it will be in TRUE 720p.

52. Da Man

Пошел на хуй, кусок большевистского кала..

Мне не нужен Гугл, чтоб тебя инфантильная тварь на хер посылать.. Ты даже не понимаешь всего того что калякаешь, как например ‘Believe’ в применении к компьютерным игрушкам.. Это про тебя, идиот..

53. Da Man

^Demo.

By the way, I can attest to the fact that Erzapos russian is just as impressive as his engrish.

I can have even more fun with the cyrillic keyboard, brah.

54. Erthazus

http://www.vg247.ru just for you :D
    also, TardMan, still a lot of mistakes.

55. Da Man

You can’t argue with a mentally handicapped person.

Thanks, Erzatwat, I even lol’ed at your last post.. Ты знаешь, чел ты наверное и правда то что по-английски ‘retard’ называется.. Даже забавно.

56. ManuOtaku

Anyone knows about a good russian hotel by the way 8D

57. Da Man

Cyrillic keyboards. They’re fun.

No, but I do know about bolshevik scum occupying russian territories. Still to these days unfortunately.

58. Sadismek

@50 What language is that? Just curious :D.

59. Erthazus

@58, Russian transliteration. Crappy one. Only TardMan can use something like this.

@TardMan, you are repeating about that cyrillic keyboard like second time. Nervous much? :D Ahaha.
    I like when you have nothing to say you start using ape shit stuff just to insult someone. That is hilarious. Continue and Believe, 720p and sticky jumps.

60. Da Man

Genuine russian, Sadismek. I know the tongue. Erzamess’ denial escalates..

Really? You mean like you do? I’ve said plenty, why argue with someone like you over techie details when your understanding of everything is that of a well, you know the r-word.

Sticky jumps, why yes. It’s the word one uses to dascribe pseudo platforming. Hardly an insult or something, a good argument actually.. Not that you’ve seen better platforming so not to you perhaps.

Try again.

61. Da Man

You know what.. i’ve just reread your last sentence and I think you’re a nutcase Erza..

Really, you are..

62. Erthazus

Gosh it’s impossible to write to retard that posts twice or edit like every time. If you are That stupid enough to reread my posts then Sorry Bro there is nothing much to say.
    Go better, play with Cyrillic keyboards because you have nothing to do or to say. Just Believe in 720p image and wait for Halo 4 with static jungles. EksBawksThreeSixty rulezz111One.

63. Sadismek

“If you are That stupid enough to read my posts then Sorry Bro”. Fixxed.

64. Da Man

Oh wow.

Lmao! If you came over to his house and said that he’s a 26 y/o idiot living in Latvia he would still be writing to you on the internet about how it’s all not true and you’re wrong..

Notice how every (well, pretty much) single statement of the guy is something I or others said, in reverse.. I mean, think about it, the person isn’t able to say something on their own, literally.

Retard indeed =(

65. Erthazus

Yeah, cool story bro. 26 y/o – bolshevik – living in the european/Baltic country in 2012. I mean you need to be a delusional tard (which you are ofc) to think that 26 y/o could be bolshevik and at the same time to live in the Baltic country. But of course, you know a lot because you are mighty TardMan that lives on the internet and likes to edit posts and write twice as much.

Believe and continue your Rant. 26 y/o Bolshevik from Latvia greets Mad Halo Redneck fratboy that believes in 720p image and EksBawksThreeSixty. :D Bro! iPad rules!11 it’s the new shiiit man!

66. Da Man

You’re a bolshevik by heart, lol… funny how it takes you a dozen of misspelled sentences to say ‘No U’..

I’m going to repost this just to remind you of how much of a moron you’re. Not that it should stop you from thinking MGS with framerate drops all over the place is more impressive than Perfect dark or that you should be arguing with digital foundry over a video game you never played..

I don’t post twice as much, over the course of two years you’ve made more comments in here than I ever did..

Давайте спорить о вкусе устриц с теми кто их ел..

67. Erthazus

Yeah, you obviously know who are bolsheviks and who they are by their hearts and don’t tell me about MGS frame rates. I don’t want to hear that from an idiot who said that Halo:Reach was in 720p and that Saturn was released by a year earlier. Tell that to your Halo fanboys.

also, last sentence is incorrect and it has nothing to do with conversation and link that you posted.

Yeah, yeah, continue your posting my little redneck bitch. :D

68. Da Man

Hey, guys..

This is amazing..

I mean, I don’t really know how to describe a guy who can’t realize what I imply when calling him a bolshevik and says that he can’t be one cause it’s 2012, and he’s in Latvia..

Comedy gold..

69. Da Man

Edit – oi, insults incoming. Moments after accusing me of going off topic with them.. Hey, can you make some racist ones too?

70. Erthazus

Cause RSDLP does not exist anymore you TardMan and 26 y/o can’t be a bolshevik by default in Baltic territories, especially if he was born in late 80s.

But you don’t know history at all, everyone know that.

71. stretch215

You guys are hilarious…. Seriously, this shit made my morning :)

72. Erthazus

“Last sentence was a quote from Zhvanetsky, you massive weirdo. and it’s word for word. Correct, genuine russian.”

FAIL much?

“Давайте спорить о вкусе устриц и кокосовых орехов с теми, кто их ел, до хрипоты, до драки, воспринимая вкус еды на слух, цвет на зуб, вонь на глаз, представляя себе фильм по названию, живопись по фамилии, страну по “Клубу кинопутешествий”, остроту мнений по хрестоматии.”

73. Da Man

Hey, Erzamoron.. Do you know what’s ‘comedy’ and ‘humor’? Scientists recently found out that shizophrenical people can’t perceive it properly..

=(

Surely you should be able to understand something more than jrpg humor..At 26 years, eh?

Oh, and I know history better than your whole family does.. Besides, nazis still exist so you’re twice as dumb.. Lmao!

Please continue.

74. Da Man

Yes, that’s the one. Genuine russian like I said, Zhvanetsky. I just took a sentence from the whole essay. What’s your point ?

Edit – good grief.. Erthazus used Yandex to find that and accuses me of something.. seek help.

As for 26 years old..

I took that from a post on Kotaku, where you stated it. Linked to that multiple times..

Thus, you are:

1) massive liar
    2) massive retard

.. Choose your pick. Either way, you’re dumb..

75. Erthazus

You just took a sentence from google that is not even correct and has nothing to do with Zhvanetsky that have just some similarities to it (you know that ofc/) and i said from the start that it was incorrect so you failed again as always. You can accuse me that i used yandex or wikipedia or whatever because you have nothing to say as always. You can only insult people and say that you know better than “your whole family”

Also, “Do you know what’s ‘comedy’ and ‘humor’?”

I know and you don’t because humor and insults are two different things.

“Please continue.”

edit: keep repeating my sentences and don’t forget to post twice and edit every single post. :D

76. Da Man

Erthazus, I’ve said the sentence which I just remember cause it’s from a well known one.. I said it to mock your stupidity and you used Yandex to find out where it comes from.. I still don’t see how you can accuse me of not knowing the source and copy pasting it but insist that you clearly knew where it’s from.. Think about it.

You take isolated sentences, argue with them, throw in defamations, and state later that your opponent is incapable of debating properly. All that and you demonstrated multiple times inadequacy and total lack of basics.. which is why all that ‘s left to do with you is mockery.

Bolshevik isn’t an insult. and you’re dense.

77. ManuOtaku

Brenna you should change the name of this topic/post an call it “Erthazus Vs Da man debating Russian topics,clashing each other in Russian language and whatnot”, that or put a picture of two russians figthing in halo reach.

p.s just to keep the score, for sake of this “debate” Da Man 22 posts Earthazus 12, come on Earthazus dont give up, i made a bet with the guys

78. Da Man

I’m not russian. and he is a bolshevik, and bolsheviks are .. well, bolsheviks regardless of their country. Just like PC fanboys are PC fanboys anyway.

79. Erthazus

@Tardman,
    “I’ve said the sentence which I just remember cause it’s from a well known one.. I said it to mock your stupidity and you used Yandex to find out where it comes from.. ”

So how do you now that i used Yandex but not google, bing, Yahoo, book or wikipedia?
    If you wanted to mock me, you could at least make the sentence right which you didn’t because you don’t know the source material at all.
    I don’t know much about it too, but i heard that sentence and knew it was incorrect and used Zhvanetsky’s site where this sentence is. I’m not going to lie like you that i know that source very well, but i know for sure that you lied to me and used that sentence to mock me copy/pasting it from some source that is not even correct.

When you write something in other language at least know the source.

“I still don’t see how you can accuse me of not knowing the source”

Because you don’t. What you said was incorrect. You know about this sentence as much as you know about Halo:Reach 720p, Sega Saturn release dates, literature and so on.

“Bolshevik isn’t an insult.”

it’s an insult and if you don’t know that go back to school. Actually, you don’t even know who are bolshevik’s. You never even knew that old soviet hammer and sickle logo existed in Russia to this day. Go better read Zhvanetsky because you clearly failed to use the right sentence.

I’m going to play Diablo III, so keep posting something because you have nothing to do. I will read it for sure.

@ManuOtaku, sorry man, i have something to do. I can’t post THAT much. Sorry bro for disappointment.

80. Da Man

How exactly was that sentence not right?

How is ‘bolshevik’ an insult?

Right up there, in that wall of misspelled gibberish, Erthazus you first state that I couldn’t tell if you were using Yandex or Google (which is completely irrelevant by the way..) and then say that I clearly took it from the search engine..

Что мне тебе на русском сказать чтобы ты поверил, лох?

Furthermore.. you state that I clearly ‘lied’ where I got it from..

You’re so full of shit the flies are complaining… Erthazus, i know russian and Zhvanetsky better than you ever did. If I didn’t, then `i wouldn’t be insta paraphrasing him.. you’re an idiot..

At your edit:
    Which is why you keep on lurking here 24/7..

81. ManuOtaku

Brenna heres a nice headline “Erthazus Vs Da man: we can do “pretty special posts” compared to other posters”.

82. Da Man

Also..

Erm.. I linked you to a DF article, showing the lack of difference between Reach renders and 720p ones..

I agreed with user DrDamn that Saturn came out simultaneously, admitting a mistake, how exactly do you follow conversation, backwards?

Your analysis of Dostoevsky showed naive and idiotic understanding, then you say I know very little of ‘literature’..

Furthermore.. I mocked your ignorance and stupidity by quoting Zhvanetsky, and you completely failed to realize it, starting to accuse me of taking that from a search engine instead..

Keep it up. Haloperidol is clearly not enough here.

83. Erthazus

“Erthazus, i know russian better than you ever did.”

that’s why in the last sentence you made two mistakes.

“i wouldn’t be insta paraphrasing him..”

Only idiots paraphrasing like that because it is incorrect.

“How exactly was that sentence not right?”

Because you are stupid. I said it already in my last post.

“How is ‘bolshevik’ an insult?”

Find out for yourself in Russia, Tard. You are welcome.

84. Da Man

So show me those mistakes.

Once again, давайте спорить о вкусе устриц с теми кто их ел. Where are the mistakes?

You didn’t show anything, you just quote the whole essay.. I used a relevant sentence to mock you..

I am in Russia currently, ‘tard’. And I still say you’re a bolshevik. Bolshevik scumbag.

85. Erthazus

“I am in Russia currently, ‘tard’.”

Go and lie somewhere else, really.

“So show me those mistakes.”

I showed you in #72 post. If you can’t understand that, then it’s your only problem bro. Maybe I need you to show where is a Hammer and sickle logo in Russia too?
    Stop asking stupid questions.

“you just quote the whole essay”

it’s not an essay tard. It’s a sentence from that author.

86. Da Man

Ask my country of location any of the site mods. They can see my ip.

What’s the matter, idiot? Believing that your comrades wouldn’t be mocking you and calling you out on your bs? Too bad.

You speak engrish? Or russian? You quoted the whole paragraph, which just includes the sentence I used, how exactly does that show any ‘mistakes’? I spelled, and paraphrased it absolutely correct. Too bad.

Hammer and sickle you can shove up your hairless bolshevik arse. Fortunately they’re only being used in some shitholes these days. Excluding your fav party of course.

87. monkeygourmet

@17 Lex

I have no idea why you are defending Sony so much with regards to how it has presented the Vita after launch.

They have constantly displayed an egotistical and old fashioned view as to what and where the handhold space is and where it is heading.

I really thought Nintendo would show the most naive view regarding the handhold space after Apple and the Smart Phone era has kicked in but i feel Sony has severly mistaken it’s market with the Vita.

What i wished for with Vita:

Some kind of Dark Souls game
    A Skyrim spinoff
    Syphon Filter
    God of War Vita
    Twisted Metal
    JRPG’s
    Motorstorm Vita
    Dragons Dogma Vita
    Resident Evil Vita
    Etc…

Coupled with:

Remote Play
    Back catalouge playable
    PS2 HD classics
    Journey and PSN games of that ilk playable

Sony promised a lot and so far is squandering it in a spectacular fashion. Dont believe me? check the sales figures and internet articles surrounding the handhold space then Sony’s arrogant rebutle’s surrounding the obvious issues.

Remember, im not bashing your precious Vita (it’s a quality piece of tech), just Sony’s shitty attitude they have with it.

But no, even games like Bioshock etc… are being pushed back because the Vita costs alot of money to develop for. Why bother developing for it when you would get a fraction of the sales you would from nearly any other console platform?

Especially with 3 new consoles round the corner…

By the time Vita starts picking up, Nintendo will be practically releasing a new DS with OLED 3D screen and still making a profit… It’s called clever business sense.

Nintendo are genius at selling shit old tech at a reasonable price while retaining a profit margin…

Sony cannot afford this current business model anymore.

So, once again, don’t take it so personally, enjoy your Vita, i’ll enjoy the 3DS but will def be wary of Sony products in the future.

88. manamana

Lol @77

Edit: 27:15

Its better than Euro 2012 at this point.

89. Erthazus

“Fortunately they’re only being used in some shitholes these days.”

for example in Moscow: State Duma, Kremlin, monuments, flags.
    or St. Petersburg: Duma or even cafes which have a lot of soviet symbols.

After this stupid sentence you can go and f yourself again, you proved that you know shit and with proxy ip i can be in Japan too.
    Go better read Zhvanetsky’s sentence again, tard. Because what you said you never even paraphrased. That sentence is well known before, but it is incorrect. You can search that sentence n the internetz. Good luck posting shit.

90. Da Man

They’re kept for historical purpose. Russian flag is three colored.. Lenin still lying in Kremlin, so what? You think that’s because all russians are bolsheviks? Ussr doesn’t exist since 1991, by all means believe..
    ^
    Now that’s funny, Erthazus..Esp your rage after you kept on trolling for 30 posts and calling me ‘mad’.. Top satire.

Now, again.. how exactly is that sentence incorrect? That’s like saying that I need to quote the whole Chekhov’s collection of books to be entitled to paraphrase one sentence.. You’re an idiot. An idiot in massive denial.

91. YoungZer0

Hey, you two:

92. Erthazus

“They’re kept for historical purpose.”

but they exist in these “shitholes” and who said that it’s only historical purpose? Who said that? If you don’t know that communist party still exists it’s your only problem.

So you were wrong again, these symbols exist.. woop di doo TardMan. Historical or not, you are wrong again. You can admit that or not. You can paraphrase or lie about being in russia as much as you want. You are dumb, funny and mad Halo fanboy.

“You think that’s because all russians are bolsheviks?”

because there is a communist party in State Duma for your information, idiot.

“Esp your rage after you kept on trolling for 30 posts and calling me ‘mad’.. ”

so far i have only 15-16 and you have more than 20+
    Math problems too? xD

93. Da Man

Erthazus, I mentioned commies as your fav party.. Two posts back.. Now you raging idiot ‘re saying I don’t know it exists..

U mad bro?

I can make a custom pic to prove your my russian location, brah.

And yes those are shitholes. Believe it or not.

94. Erthazus

Yeah, you can use MS paint or steal from someone’s facebook. xD

“I don’t know it exists..”

comm party existed long time ago, if you knew about that party (i’m talking about 2012 year) you could at least know that someone use these symbols to this day (not even for a historical purpose).

So you fail again, bro. Learn the math and literature in your shithole that does not use these symbols.

95. OlderGamer

We really need an ingore feature. I mean really. When you guys get going your as epic as anything Tea could come up with. And that is saying a lot.

And I don’t think anyone minds the debating, bitching, so long as it stayed on subject. But it all too often breaks down to name calling and character attacks, and unfortunatly it also derails thread after thread.

I wish you guys would cool it a bit.

96. Da Man

Erthazus.. you defy every single thing, yet claim anything that possibly can come into your head. By all means, believe.

Commie party still exists, led by comrade Zuganov.. So the one failing isn’t me. How exactly does that count? If I start a party in Duma I can use whatever symbolics I want.. Try harder, really.

97. OlderGamer

Sigh.

98. Dragon246

This has really made my day. This is the very reason I visit vg247. HAHAHAHAHAHA

@87,
    Did you really think vita will have all those games in just 5 months. Unlike ninty they dont announce their games 5-6 years in advance like the next mario and zelda. Hell ninty even has the courage to ask people which zelda they would want to recreate for 3ds instead of making a new game,which is pathetic.
    “Sony need to very quickly decide who the f**k the system is for and start pushing developers to get shit out the door…

But no, even games like Bioshock etc… are being pushed back because the Vita costs alot of money to develop for.”
    Get your facts straight, EVERY major publisher is supporting vita.And bioshock is not delayed. For all intents , it would go into full development after bioshock infinite comes to market.
    “Sony’s arrogant rebutle’s surrounding the obvious issues.”
    Which issues, if anything , most arrogant of big3 in ninty. First telling people to buy 3ds for 250$ and then decreasing the price leaving the first adopters in the mud.
    Only people bashing vita are those who havent played it. Sonys biggest mistake is lack of pr. They so many games launching for vita this year (around 60 to be exact) and they showed only 2 at e3. I hope they correct their mistake at e3.
    And finally, keep it up you two!!!

99. monkeygourmet

No… I don’t expect these games on launch, but these titles aren’t even being promoted (like a cg trailer, gears of war e3, or anything…)

Sony need to market the Vita to me, to you… To anyone who gives a f**k about gaming. For me, the Vita is (or at least capable of):

High quality FPS (a huuuuuuge plus point given the two sticks)

Capable of pretty much all games on app stores given the TWO touch screens

Syncing with the PS3 from launch… Hey guys, you own the rights to both consoles, make ‘em talk to each other better than so called pirates!

Also,

Who is supporting Vita???!

Ubisoft (they would support my Mum if she said it could make them some cash dollar…), capcom et all?!

Let’s see the bloody games!!!!

Nintendo do release the same stuff again and again, but let’s face it… That’s because they do it the best….

I currently have, 360, Ps3, 3DS, Wii, iPad 2, and am massively glad I sold my Vita for pretty much the same price as when I bought it.

I’ve had every major console since the Atari 2600, but don’t mind ragging on a company for poor customer service…
    Unique games as everyone else is talking about

Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy etc… Your a f**cking Japanese company, get your shit together regarding these titles, Ninty is moping up!!!!