The Last of Us shows stunning new gameplay footage in E3 2012 trailer

Tuesday, 5th June 2012 04:18 GMT By Brenna Hillier

This is what you were waiting for: Naughty Dog’s new epic, The Last of Us, in action.

Naughty Dog didn’t say a word during Sony’s E3 2012 press conference. It didn’t have to. The video and screens below really speak for themselves.

The Last of Us is expected exclusively on PlayStation 3 in early 2013.

1. KAP

Right, so now day one of E3 is over this is my top 5 moments.

5. Ubisoft double hosting. (The black chick was hilarious.)

4. Beyond first look.

3. Star Wars 1313 gameplay.

2. Last of Us.

1. Watch Dog. – I’m still convinced that was a fake ala Killzone demo type thing. Was too mad to even put into real words I still got goosebumps by what I saw! wow!

Anyway that’s my top 5 of day one’s E3. How about you guys…

2. Ireland Michael

This disappointed me the most.

I am a huge Uncharted fan, don’t get me wrong. I think the games and the developers of them are both stellar. But this looked and felt so similar in almost every regard that it was almost like seeing a new trailer for the franchise. It’s *way* too similar in execution.

I’m sure it’ll be a great title in and of itself, but I can’t help feel like it should have been more.

3. Moonwalker1982

I loved how the enemy reacted to his gun being empty, and how ellie helped him out when things started to go downwhill from there. Too bad we don’t have a releasedate. That and Beyond…but all else at Sony was crap.

WHERE were the Vita games Sony? For real. What a damn shame.

4. Phoenixblight

Looks fantastic. You can some some of the similarities of UC with this game but this game seems to be more focused on survival and brutality where UC is about the puzzles,combat and climbing. This game has crafting which already puts it ahead of UC not to mention how the enemies react. I was hoping to see more of the monsters and not humans.

5. speedxl01

Looks similar to uncharted, but it feels different on a lot of things, I liked it a lot!

6. Kalain

SO, it’s another linear game with nice graphics, just like the uncharted series. It looks like it plays like uncharted but this time you have a companion with you.

So far, I’m not impressed with it. Looks way too linear with set routes and set combat sequences, but it’s only a gameplay demo. I’ll see if there is a demo before I make a proper judgement on it.

7. Dannybuoy

Really quite impressive what ND (and Quantic) are getting from the PS3 now. Makes the argument for not needing the next gen just yet all the more compelling. I’ll of course 100% be buying this game at launch. Looks like it’ll be incredible.

8. Clupula

Looks absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait for it.

9. Dimaco

This looks absolutely stunning, even better than Uncharted! And the whole survival aspects should make it feel different enough… Not to mention your young partner, of course…

10. manamana

The attention to detail is amazing and its absolutely day uno. Saw that where she goes infront of himthrough the water and her jeans got only soaken to her knees? Love that. Had hoped for more freedom but I guess they couldnt manage it gameplay wise.

11. polygem

it looks similar to uncharted, sure, i never liked the enrique eglesias, ricky martin look of nathan drake. i really like the uc games, donĀ“t get me wrong but the two main charakters in last of us seem to be much more my cup of tea. also the gameplay is drastically different here. it is more like a survival horror game. every bullet counts. even a brick you pick up can come in handy. it is brutal. but the brutality seemed unavoidable because the situation is so desperate. those 2 are usually very nice and peaceful guys but that mess the world became made them to these brutal killers. they have to, in order to survive. it really was intense. i liked the gameplaydemo a lot.

12. Yoshi

It’s somewhat linear sure but remember guys, when they saw those men searching for supplies there were at least 3 windows to choose from for where you could have gone. Not to mention the fact the guy in the demo spooked them pretty early.

13. YoungZer0

That looks absolutely amazing. I know it’s a little bit too similar to Uncharted for some, but for me, its different enough to stand out.

I just love that it’s not just running up and snapping necks, Joel had to take his time choking that guy to death, everything looks much more brutal, but not just for the sake of violence.

God damn, this is why i’ll never regret buying a PS3 instead of a 360.

14. absolutezero

It really really reminds of a slightly more muted Enslaved. Which is a good thing really.

15. Hellhound30x

omg THAT WAS AWESOME!

16. Kuwabara

looks great, but i still think God of war Asc stole the show, along with beyond.

17. Gheritt White

That was one of the most impressive demos i’ve ever seen. Wow.