Star Wars 1313 footage shows off in-engine wow, combat, more

Tuesday, 5th June 2012 06:14 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Someone’s posted a nice high quality capture of Spike TV’s exclusive Star Wars 1313 gameplay footage, and since nobody else will let us even peek at it, I present it here for your delight.

Star Wars 1313 was announced during GT.TV’s pre-E3 special, and is yet to really fire up the hype train. Touted as a “mature” Star wars game, it stars a bounty hunter, not a jedi, and is set in the seedy underbelly of the already pretty seedy Coruscant.

The footage shown is in-gngine, running on a high-end PC. No platform or release information has been provided yet.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. dtyk

Albeit disappointed with lack of vita news. This E3… wow. WOW. OMFG WOW. Watch Dogs, Last of Us, now this!? WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW. Ok sorry I’m done. NO IM NOT WOOOOWWWW. Lets not forget AC3. WOW.

2. Kabby

The PC. A New Hope.

3. blackdreamhunk

wow I’m impressed

4. Edo

That was pretty awesome and played on PC ?Heck yeah :)!

5. GrimRita

You wont find that kind of quality on a console. It kind of reminds of a man Gears of War. I remember the hype surrounding Force Unleashed and then that got slated once people saw beyond the flash graphics.

Proof will be in the hands on of course

6. BULArmy

This looks and sounds interesting. Maybe it will be a good game, it looks very nice and if nothing else at least the PC version can be said that it is confirmed, because of the demo.
    But I still am disappointed it is not a new Jedi Knight game. I don’t know why I believed so much, that this can happen. I really want a true awesome lightsaber game, but it looks we are not gonna get it soon.

7. Talkar

Mind == Blown!

8. manamana

This is, after Watch Dogs, a next nextgen launch title. Its looking pretty mediocre gameplay wise but yeah afteer a full packed early 2013 comes teh shite! :-)

9. Maximum Payne

I am really surprise they dedicated so much for PC.I doubt it will be exclusive but still happy about it :D

10. Erthazus

@9, there are 90% of the demos on the PC in the “Console Show” this time because consoles can’t do shit anymore.

11. mojo

whats so special about this?
    honestly.

12. Talkar

It is lvl 1313! How can that not be exciting for any Star Wars fan?

13. polygem

it looks impressive but i really think the cel shaded wind waker was among the very best games of the last 10 years or so. i could name many not so great looking games that make me more excited. that said. i like star wars…but star wars ended for me in the 90´s.

14. TMRNetShark

The combat definitely gave me the original Star Wars feel (like the laser bolts). If it comes to PC, I hope my PC can run it on high. :P

15. TheWulf

Sigh.

Because grimdark was the solution to Star Wars’ problems. Except it’s not, that just makes it more exceedingly dull and lifeless. What you need is to hire people who have creative world-building skills, and people who can write.

Why is that so hard?

I can imagine the board meetings…

“Hey, guys. I have a radical idea. Let’s hire creative directors and people who can write worth shit for our next big game!”
    “No… that’s not going to work…”
    “It isn’t?”
    “No. You’re not in tune with the KIDS, dawg. Not like I am. They don’t want convincing, nor compelling. They don’t care for emotional weight or intellectual worth.”
    “He’s right. The kids are all about SEX, EXPLOSIONS, and GRIMDARK!”
    “Now this guy gets it!”
    “Yeah!! So we make MATURE WARS! It’ll have sex, explosions, and grimdark!”
    “Yeah!”
    “How could it possibly fail?!”
    “IT WON’T!”
    “This is great! Get on it!”
    “Sigh.”

Sigh.

16. Edo

@16 Sigh indeed…stupid Star Wars with no colours in their 4 minute gameplay video…