Solomon Grundy’s about to smash The Flash in these Injustice: Gods Among Us screens

Friday, 1st June 2012 17:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Warner has released a set of screenshots for NetherRealm’s Injustice: Gods Among Us. Solomon Grundy seems to be the main antagonist in these screens, and at one point he’s about to use his tomb stone to smash The Flash over the head. Awesome. The brawler, featuring DC Comics heroes and villains, is slated for release in 2013 on PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360. Enjoy.

1. Ali Hayas

Well I have always been a huge fan of The MK team, so I am confidant that I’ll love this game even though they haven’t shown it in action yet.

2. The_Red

I love MK but these screens feel way too empty and Unreal Engine 3-ish. It’s specially confusing because they pretty much removed all color and other signs in MK9 but now they are back from MK vs DC. Of course this could be because they are not using the MK9 engine (Modified UE3) and are going for MK vs DC one.

3. DSB

I had no idea who that guy was in Arkham City. I thought they just made it up.

Solomon Grundy? Okay, that’s a fierce name if I ever saw one.

4. Ireland Michael

03 Nope, been in the comics for years. He’s pretty hardcore.

5. Ali Hayas

@2, they are using a modified MK9′s engine which is a modified MKDC’s engine. The arena could be just one of th empty ones but I really love th direction and the colors they have chosen so far. Those colors look more realistic than MK9 actually. But of course that is my point of view. ;)

6. The_Red

I know MK9 had modified MKvsDC engine but at least that didn’t have the specific light cues and other visual quirks of UE3. These screens SCREAM Unreal Engine 3 the same way MKvsDC did.

I also wish the game looked more stylish. Like some of the character designs but overall, this is not on par with my expectations from people behind excellent MK9.

7. Ali Hayas

Yeah I can see your point actually. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see, but I am ver confidant in th team’s skills. Besides, the screens point to h better side of UE3. Some of the new UE3 made game look very generic, this a the very least has some great looking objects , characters models and well lighting.

I’ll hold my breath till next week :)

8. The_Red

I actually find the look of this to be a bit generic. The design of characters and models feels interesting (Don’t like Batman and Harley but they’re rather unique) but the world looks as lifeless and generic as MKvsDC’s world / background.

Hopefully E3 brings us some gameplay videos and show true potential and look of this game.

9. absolutezero

The Flash is the most beautifully broken superhero in existance so heres hoping they go all out in making him over-powered as all hell.

10. ManuOtaku

#9 If the big bang theory has teached us something, is that title goes to acuaman, not the flash… bazinga… 8D

p.s on a serious note i prefer if they went with the old character desing of grundys, i mean more square shaped and bigger, rather than muscle head.

11. absolutezero

This is actually the most broken thing in comics but yeah The Flash is pretty close. The only thing The Big Bang Theory has taught me is that I hate The Big Bang Theory.

12. ManuOtaku

#11 man i was trying to make a joke O_T, sorry if you dont like the Big Bang Theory then.

13. absolutezero

oh no, no offense intended Manu I understood well enough I just can’t stand the show.

Really though The Flash out-ran Death in a race. Death. (Well the personification of Death in the DC Comics universe)

14. ManuOtaku

#13 ok no harm done then, thanks.

15. The_Red

They actually did it in MK vs DC. He was rather broken in that game and he was actually MASSIVELY nerfed after previews and early builds!