Rumor – Guild Wars 2 launches June 28 according to retail flyer

Tuesday, 15th May 2012 21:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Guild wars 2 could launch on June 28 if a pre-order promotional flyer posted by a Fry’s retailer in Texas is any indication. Kotaku, which obtained a shot of the flyer, contacted NCsoft on the matter which responded: “We have not released an official launch date within 2012 as feedback from our closed and open marketing betas will help us determine an exact release date. We will release Guild Wars 2 when it is ready.” Earlier this month GameSpot put up a placeholder date of June 26 for the MMO, which is currently still in beta. Neither NCsoft nor ArenNet have announced a concrete date for the anticipated title, but has previously confirmed it will be released sometime this year.

1. GrimRita

I hope it does come then. Im getting all prepared for this!

2. DSB

That’s really not very reliable. I could make a “flyer” like that in 5 minutes.

3. Phoenixblight

I doubt it will be so soon. Barely a beta going along with not enough time to market the game. I suspect it will be AUgest if not then it will be probably early next year.

4. TheWulf

I doubt it, honestly.

Though it would make me happy because right now there is a distinct absence of catbeasts that have flamethrowers in my life, also catbeasts that can electrocute large groups of people in very entertaining ways, and catbeasts that can shoot lasers from greatswords, and catbeasts that can use greatswords as boomerangs, and so on, and so on.

Sigh. Guild Wars 2, why did you have to be so much fun? :|

5. Soterius

It shows right on the US Gamestop website that it’s coming out on June 26 <_<

6. GrimRita

@4 – its annoying lol. Im in ‘gaming limbo’ atm. There is nothing new out that really grabs my attention(including D3, more rehashed shit like SC2)whilst I wait for this.

Now IF June 28th is the date, then thats only just over another month but PLEASEEEEEE release it soon lol