Rumour – Killzone sequel in production, teaser script leaked

Tuesday, 8th May 2012 00:25 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony is busily working away at marketing material for the next Killzone, whispers suggest.

Siliconera cites an anonymous source for the following lines of dialogue, written for an upcoming teaser trailer:

“My sons and my daughters, today we take the first step toward our imperial future.

“For years, this once-great nation has stagnated in the shadow of its enemies. Governed by scoundrels who flaunted the ideals established by my father, these traitors… these enemies of our race have diluted and exploited the triad of Duty, Obedience, and Loyalty.

“This regime, this corrupt regime, has been dissolved. In its place does rise an era of stability and strength. A time of opportunity born from a promise that we shall return our people to their proper sphere of dominance.”

The key words duty, obedience and loyalty seem to doubly confirm the speech is a Helghast one, and the source claims a female character will speak them. Aurarch Visari’s daughter.

Unfortunately, it’s not clear whether the teaser points to Cambridge Studio’s upcoming Vita release, or a full PlayStation 3 sequel – or even a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale appearance.

Thanks, D’toid.

1. JRNO

And I was hoping to see Guerrilla’s new IP this E3.
    I’m pretty confident this one’s Vita related.

2. Erthazus

I think it’s for Playstation Vita because Killzone is a mediocre franchise.

New iP from Guerrilla could raise their image or soon it’s going to be another Zipper Interactive.

3. daytripper

I dont mind Killzone, I enjoyed 3 a lot especially multiplayer. I wonder if the series does solid numbers or this could be another attempt in Sonys mind at making it that big hit.

4. Ali Hayas

A Helghast campaign or get out.

5. YoungZer0

@2: If i had to facepalm myself every time you wrote a stupid comment i would’ve died on brain damage a long time ago.

Since when is Killzone a mediocre franchise? And since when do only mediocre franchises go to handhelds?

6. HeavyD-Love

Fuck.

7. HeavyD-Love

FYI – this wiki list has Killzone Vita listed for June 6, 2012 North America release date:

Killzone Cambridge Studio Unreleased June 6, 2012 TBA TBA Yes First-Person Shooter Unknown