No current plans to bring white Vita to Europe, confirms SCEE

Tuesday, 8th May 2012 14:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony has told VG247 this afternoon there’s currently no plans to bring the recently-announced white PlayStation Vita to Europe.

The Crystal White variation of the system was announced for Japan this morning. It’ll launch in the country on June 28 for ¥24,980.

But SCEE has said to us today that while no plans are in place for the moment for Europe, it will continue to look at demand.

“We do not have plans currently to bring the White PS Vita to the SCEE region, but will monitor demand and continuously evaluate the situation,” said a rep.

A special Hatsune Miku Vita with the white colouring will also be available in Japan alongside the release of the new game on the system in August.

1. Simula

Well **** you then then Sony.Whats so frikkin hard to bring other coloured Ps3/Ps Vitas to europe?I love white consoles!I would buy new Slim if it were white.
    And now I wait for white vita to launch in Europe untill I buy it.

2. mickey2002

Meh I’m awaiting price/hardware refresh/decent amount of games before I buy one. I still have my hands on a press unit if want to use it but meh lol.

3. NeoSquall

I’ll most likely get one in time for Persona 4 Golden US release, hopefull at a slightly lower price.

4. polygem

black was my favourite colour for psp and it is for vita as well. i really couldn´t care less about different colour options. when the console isn´t on it just looks better – all shiny black. the (3)ds i always bought white though….strange. not colours, a price drop and games is needed for the system itself and for the memory cards. to me it doesn´t matter much anymore though. already got one with 32gb…

5. Kuwabara

can’t believe it either. Youd think they would release different colors or a pattern look vita, so it doesn’t look like a psp!! i bet it would get more sales if people didnt assume the vita was a normal psp, seeing how its black and got a similar shape. It needs color and an awesome look! i aint buying a vita till i see a white one, anything but black.