Skyrim Dawnguard teased, more details revealed at E3

Tuesday, 1st May 2012 19:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda has posted a massive Skyrim tease for E3 by posting an image of DLC slated for summer on Xbox 360.

The firm had promised news on Skyrim DLC today, so it looks like the tease is all we’re going to get for now.

Once released on Xbox 360, all DLC for the game will land on PC and PS3 once the 30-day exclusivity period has expired, like with Fallout: New Vegas before it.

Last month, a trademark filed by Zenimax Media around the end of February popped up online hinting at a possible expansion plan for the RPG.

Called “Dawnguard” the trademark was filed for “computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices.”

Various outlets, including VG247, had various theories as to what it could entail, such as a continuation of a Dawnstar quest in Skyrim called Pieces of the Past.

In it, players recreate the Mehrunes’ Razor belonging to the Daedric Prince of destruction, change, revolution, energy, and ambition, Mehrunes Dagon.

Still, at this point we don’t know what is included, at least until E3, so feel free to theorize.

1. KAP

Nice, short wait then

2. Dark

“DLC for the game will land on PC and PS3 once the 30-day exclusivity period has expired”
    So you sell us a broken game and now this?
    huh , after screwing ps3 owners you should AT LEAST give us that DLC for FREE

Sometime i wish those bastards will just burn in hell
    thank god i don’t own that copy and paste crap called skyrim anymore.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 The exclusivity period was announced in August which was at least 3 months before the game even came out. It’s only the first 2 dlc anyway.

4. Phoenixblight

If you don’t own it then why do you care? This has been something they have been doing since Fallout 3 so it was expected.

5. freedoms_stain

I don’t think time delay exclusivity deals can be excused.

It’s a shitty business practice that treats more than half of the customer base as 2nd class citizens.

6. Phoenixblight

That may be so but if that was the case that its makes “more than half of the consumer” continues to buy the DLC? Rockstar did the same thing with GTA IV and even that sold like crazy. Why does Bathesda continue to do if this business practice doesn’t bring them money? Maybe the majority of people don’t care and will just wait for it? I own the PC version of Skyrim and honestly I can care less if I have to wait a month to play it. Its not like its a MP game where you have to have it when everyone else has it.

7. WFMMK

I platinumed Skyrim but I think I’ll wait for the Ultimate/GoTY edition for the DLC.

8. OrbitMonkey

The only dlc I want is something to reset my skill points…

9. Stephany Nunneley

@6 PC players also have a bevy of mods as well. I will get the PC version myself at a later date, probably, when I can afford it.

10. filippo333

@Dark You clearly have no idea what a great game is. Not only Skyrim has won GOTY and has a fantastic modding community with no signs of bad press anywhere, but it’s one of the few games to have lived up too all the hype it generated. It is clear how ignorant and blinded you are by modernism and the way cheap companies like Activision try and make money. Any loyal Elder Scrolls fan knows that Bethesda is trying to make the players happy, not just a cut and paste job and duplicated effort just to fill the developer’s pockets (MW3).

11. Froseidon

@5 – It’s a company deal. Microsoft would have paid X amount to have an exclusivity period. Acts as a selling point and should, in theory, increase sales on the Xbox.

E.g. – One person owns both the PS3 and Xbox 360. He really loves Skyrim! He buys on Xbox over PS3 because he wants the DLC ASAP.

Don’t blame Bethesda. You can’t even blame Microsoft or Sony. You can’t blame Bethesda as it was a deal of Microsoft’s doing. You can’t blame Microsoft as Sony could have equaled the amount and got the DLC at the same time. You can’t blame Sony as Microsoft paid and opened the exclusive deal.

TL;DR – Deal with it, 30 days is barely anything.

12. Mace

That’s a wordplay on Townguard and it tells the story of the epic arrow. Look, there in the brackground it’s forshadowed.

13. ejams

Another thing about 360 owners getting it first, they can deal with the first bugs and issues that are bound to come as part of new content released. Me myself being part of the PS3 crowd, it’s not that huge of a deal. I have plenty of other games to play at the time and I’m sure you guys do too so really whatever.

14. silkvg247

Unless it involves me having a dragon or turning into one, I ain’t spending another hour in Skyrim. It already robbed me of 100+ hours and I’ll be damned if I can even remember where 10% of that went.

15. Erthazus

I’m sure this info will be at Microsoft Press Conference :D

16. Llewelyn_MT

“DLC for the top selling PC game of 2011 is coming to PC. At some point in time.”