SWTOR – character transfer system hitting “in early summer,” new playable species teased

Saturday, 28th April 2012 21:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

BioWare has posted its weekly Community Q&A and in it, the firm teased new playable species coming to the MMO this year.

The Achievement system will be updated, new spontaneous world events are in the works, and more Legacy rewards are on the way.

However, those still wondering when they will be able to transfer characters will be pleases to know live services senior producer Dallas Dickinson said to expect the service to roll out “in early summer.”

“First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice,” he said.

“We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.”

The service will offer free transfers from or to specific servers, and allow “the most motivated players” to get onto a higher population server.

You can read the entire Q&A through here.

Thanks, Talkar.

1. DSB

The day they introduce ewoks, I’m there.

Not one second sooner.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 And when they do, I shall make it my life’s purpose to electrocute each one I come into contact with. :D

3. DSB

Pfffff, bring it!

4. Talkar

If they bring ewoks into the game i can still sleep happily knowing they’ll die due to the debris falling from the Deathstar :P

5. GwynbleiddiuM

I finally managed to get into SWTOR, I hope I get to see some of you in The Red Eclipse server if you play at all. but still stand on my comment about how shit SWTOR customer support is. I bought the game couldn’t add it to my account and setup subscription, I opened a ticket and they asked me to send them a photo of the product and the sheet that had product key on it and did not received any response until today, 2 days ago I figured out why it doesn’t let me add the product key and it was because of my contact info which my home address was in Iran, I changed it to France and it worked. how sick is that?

Anyway atm I’m a lvl 16 Sith Sorcerer quickly advancing and mastering the power of the Dark Side will choke and electrocute the lot of Republican scums in the name of Emperor.

PS: Finally, an MMO that questing in it is actually fun thanks to the narrative and story.

PS: I demand free transfers for Skullcrusher EU in WoW too, 6 chars stuck there with nothing to do. I want them in Auchindoun so I can RAID with them, gosh.

6. Talkar

^I’m still playing every day pretty much.
    I’ve got 3 lvl 50′s, a warrior, bounty hunter and an Inquisitor.
    ATM i’m lvl’ing my Sith Pureblood Jedi.
    However, i’m on the Nightmare Lands server.

7. klewd

didn’t they say during release that “paid character transfer” was not going to happen?

i guess their shitty game lost its appeal sooner than they thought.

8. Talkar

No they never said that. They’ve only said it wasn’t something that was a possibility at that moment, which as you can see it wasn’t.

9. GwynbleiddiuM

@7 It’s not shitty, aside from great story based class questing and narratives of the quests, it’s just like most other MMOs in many regards it’s like WoW or maybe Rift. So my only problem at the moment is the fact that they IP blocked my country, that’s gonna cause me issues when I get back home. Also, I stand by my word on shitty customer service, it’s pure garbage.

10. DSB

@4 That’s gonna be the next expansion. Post-apocalyptic ewok capers.

SWTOR: Fallout – The Ewokening.

Oh, it’s on.

11. Talkar

Someone should totally photoshop that! xD