UK charts: The Witcher II 360 successful in top spot grab

Monday, 23rd April 2012 09:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The Witcher II: Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360 has dethroned FIFA Street from the top of the UK charts.

98% of sales of the CD Projekt RPG came from the 360 version, with the remaining 2% coming from the PC version that was also released at retailed last week by Namco Bandai.

The original PC release last May launched at number five.

FIFA Street, FIFA 12, Kinect Star Wars and Mass Effect 3 round off the top five.

Get the top ten for the week ending April 21. Last week’s data is here.

• 1 – The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings: Enhanced Edition
  • 2 – FIFA Street
  • 3 – FIFA 12
  • 4 – Kinect Star Wars
  • 5 – Mass Effect 3
  • 6 – Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13
  • 7 – Battlefield 3
  • 8 – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • 9 – Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics
  • 10 – Modern Warfare 3

1. Pytox

Who the hell buys Kinect Star Wars ????

2. Psychotext

Same people who bought all that Wii tat a few years back I imagine.

3. GrimRita

Thanks to the Clone Wars TV series, Star Wars has found a totally new audience to sell low quality crap to.

I still have nightmares seeing Yoda and Darth Vader in fucking Vodaphone adverts

4. Da Man

Who the hell buys Witcher????

5. kingofscotland

@ Da Man – I’d buy Witcher if it was on PS3, I think it looks amazing. Actually considered rebuying a 360 to play Witcher

6. absolutezero

I bought Kinect Star Wars, I found its complete lack of respect for the estate highly entertaining.

Plus those Star Wars parody remixes really are fucking incredible. Its also worth saying that im in no way a fan of Star Wars in its current condition I hate everything outside of the original 3 movies and the Christmas Special. The expanded Universe is so up its own arse its beyond belief so it was great to see something openly mocking alot of it.

7. aseddon130

Kinect Star Wars was poor, when i saw people (including full grown men) buy the game i almost told them not to get it … but then i’d probably get sacked for doing so so i kept my mouth shut.

I’m suprised The Witcher 2 did so well, it must have been a slow week. It does look good but it’s definately not my kind of game (i.e; a hardcore action RPG) … Skyrim was my stopping point and while i completed the main story i reckon i barely scratched the surface of that game, but was happy with the amount i did play.

The Witcher 2 however, is definately way too hardcore for me.

8. Moonwalker1982

I am damn happy for the developers, they so deserve it. And their mindset on DLC and general things is just perfect and how other developers should think too. Again, well deserved for CD Projekt.

9. endgame

Congrats CD Projekt! :D

10. The_Red

Holy fucking awesome. Great, great news. Hopefully Witcher 2 360 does as well in US.

11. DSB

One week is one week, but it couldn’t happen to a better game. I really hope it finds an audience on the 360.

12. Talkar

What DSB said.
    This game is really really great, and it deserves to be played by pretty much everyone!

13. Charlie Sheen

this game is just a fable clone except with a few sex scenes and blood and shit

14. Ge0force

#13 The Witcher = core RPG, Fable = casual action adventure.

15. Charlie Sheen

@14 gameplay and the world itself is pretty similar to fable

16. ManuOtaku

If it is something like fable, well i think i will not regreat my pre-order, this generation i did enjoy a lot games that were like fable II, amalur, etc, therefore i think i will enjoy this one a lot, of course if the fable comparisions are accurate, but i got the feeling this was thrown like a bad thing instead of a good one, but in my eyes is a good one IMHO

17. DSB

It’s not like Fable, Charlie Sheen is just trolling, and somehow people feel that’s always worth validating.

18. Lounds