Rumour: Marketing survey outs Rayman Origins sequel

Monday, 23rd April 2012 16:02 GMT By Johnny Cullen

A marketing survey has apparently shown what could be concept art of a Rayman Origins sequel, according to Kotaku.

The images show more mythology to the series this time, featuring castles, vampires, ghots and more. One of the screens shows a dragon visable.

One of the marketing grabs mentions that it’d be keeping the 2D gameplay and art style that made the first game, however.

The first Rayman Origins launched last November to critical acclaim. A slow burner at retailer from the beginning, sales picked up once the price dropped and even saw a top ten posting in the UK charts.

1. Charlie Sheen

rayman was good until you got the power that made you run on walls, then that shit got boring

2. Fin

Great!! One of my favourite games of last year.

3. Talkar

I thought the game was pretty awesome, was definately a must have on my Vita ^^
    The only thing i missed on the Vita version was the lack of coop :/

4. Johnny Cullen

Please make this happen. I *adore* the hell out of the first game on PS3, 360 and Vita.

5. polygem

awesome game. actually wanted to wait for 3ds version but since it got delayed bought it for vita. almost perfect game. great for a handheld system. looks stunning on the vita screen. more of this? yes please.

6. wlodi

Awesome! Rayman Origins was absolutely perfect and despite not selling in huge amounts, I think it was still profitable to Ubi due to low-development costs and portability of the game to other platforms. If they keep everything just like the did in Origins and add online co-op this time, they have a winner again!

7. The_Red

How’s the Vita version. I don’t have much budget for Vita games and MK9, Lumines and Gravity Daze are already on my MUST-OWN list. If the look and control of R Origins hasn’t changed much on Vita, I’ll probably get it because the idea of playing that awesome platformer on the go is beyond awesome.

8. polygem

i am not #4 and i only played the ps3, 360 demos of it BUT i think the vita version even seems to be the superior one. the only letdown: no coop on the vita version. imo it really is a perfect game for a handheld. has lots of replay value and it just looks extremeley awesome on the vita oled screen.