Mass Effect 3 moved 1.3 million units in March

Friday, 13th April 2012 18:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

NPD has said Mass Effect 3 sales for March were 1.3 million units across all platforms, the firm told Joystiq. While it wouldn’t break any figures down for the site, Aaron Greenberg tweeted that Xbox 360 sales were 943,000 units for the period, out-selling the PS3 version four-to-one. Since NPD doesn’t take digital sales into account just yet, it’s worth noting digital sales across PC and PSN would make the core figure higher if included. NPD said in its March industry report sales for Mass Effect 3 were twice that of Mass Effect 2 during its debut.

NPD also told Joystiq Binary Domain moved 20,000 units during March.

1. Talkar

Wow, that must mean the PC and PS3 version really didn’t sell well at all o.O I’m guessing this is due to the whole “ME3 has a shitty ending” stuff going around.

2. ManuOtaku

Well i know iam not everyone else, and that my opinion maybe not reflect others peoples behavior, but i got mass effect 3 on the 360 because i have the entire series on said console, maybe the issue that mass effect started as a 360 exclusive has some factor to do with this, at least it was a factor on my case.

3. jacobvandy

@1 NPD doesn’t know SHIT about PC sales, since the vast majority of them are done digitally now. This firm only tracks retail stores.

Since ME3 PC requires activation on Origin, EA could give us an idea of how it sold by showing stats like Steam does… but I guess they don’t want to embarrass themselves.

4. TheWulf

I liked ME3, and I’m still liking it.

*shrugs.*

I’ve recently managed to unlock a Geth Infiltrator, which is important to me considering how much I love the geth. I’ve never played a class like that, but I’ve been doing pretty great with it.

I’m especially pleased that, if I shoot a Cerberus shield guy in the toe with a sniper rifle, he’ll flail around and drop his shield, leaving himself open to a Vanguard. I’m very amused by this. In Cerberus missions I’ve basically become the toe-shooter, I am good at this. It is fun, and entertaining.

Also, the multiplayer does not at all make me feel useless, this makes me happy. Even going in on a higher difficulty with reapers as my first enemy and an unfamiliar class which meant that for the first few minutes I was all “WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS BUTTON DO?! D:” but it worked out.

So yeah. It’s… pretty okay. I still wish there had been more alien squadmates in ME3, but eh… can’t have it all. I’m satisfied, to be honest.

5. Ace514

Glad it sold well, definitely my GOTY.

6. mehdidante

what is your problem with pc guys ? . i think you are wrong . they know better than u about selling staff . so if there is a pc version , most be a reason for that . dont be an idiot .

7. LOLshock94

ending cant be as bad as the game its self, just a shitty boring game

8. Clupula

I know quite a few people who have switched to PS3 as their primary console, who dusted off their old 360′s because they started with the first one and wanted to continue with the same character.

It isn’t surprising at all that the 360 version would outsell the PS3 by that much. I’m actually surprised the PS3 one even did as well as it did.

9. Stephany Nunneley

Binary Domain figures have been added since it was part of the same discussion Stiq had with NPD.