Sniper Elite V2: gameplay demo and dev chat in HD

Thursday, 12th April 2012 13:10 GMT By Sam Clay

Rebellion released a demo for Sniper Elite V2 on Tuesday for all major platforms. VG247 caught up with the senior producer Steve Hart to discuss what fans can expect from the test.

Sniper Elite V2 will have you following the story of lone sniper Karl Fairburne as you aim to take out the V2 rocket project.

The demo is available now for the slim size of 837.39 MB – Here’s a video overview of what to expect.

1. Edo

Come on son…you can’t lie like that and say that the PC DEMO is available NOW…jeez.

2. Sam Clay

@1 hmmm, I’ll investigate this PC demo milarki.

3. Edo

@2 If you would be so kind please find out when will the PC demo REALLY be available,cause this game really looks interesting…what can I say…I love sniping nazis.

4. BraveArse

Loved the 360 demo but just found out that the vs MP is PC only. Absolutely gutted as the original’s MP remains my favourite memory of the previous gen. Was so looking forward to it. :(

5. LOLshock94

@4 at the end of the demo it says coop MP and stuff

6. BraveArse

Yeah, but coop only. This is from their facebook page. :(

“Rebellion: There is co-op multiplayer announced, just no Team Death Match. Rebellion is self-publishing the PC version and so has been able to include it”

7. _LarZen_

Tested the demo on PS3 and it’s just stunning, a realy nice looking game. And even better..the gameplay is great!

8. ejams

I will play devil’s advocate here for a second, because while the sniping mechanic is AMAZING, the actually gameplay feels stale and dated, along with the environments. It’s like they put all of their resources in to making it feel as cool and badass and real as possible, which really screwed the rest of the game over. I’ll get it on the cheap though :)

9. LOLshock94

@8 for me one of the best reasons why its good is because it feels old school not some shity linear game that we get every week

10. ejams

Meh the only reason that kept me playing was the kill cams, otherwise it’s fairly linear and whatnot although I haven’t seen or played the rest of the game so we shall see when it releases.

11. sg1974

Great fun. I’ve been waiting for a game like this for ages.

Perhaps a little over-dramatic with the camera shaking violently when a truck rolls by at low speed – and in my experience shotting a vehicle in the radiator does not cause it to explode in a fireball. And I’m still undecided about the kill-camera effect on impact. But at least such scenes might encourage the CoD crowd to take a look.