Epic Mickey 2 gets ten minute gameplay footage

Thursday, 5th April 2012 11:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

AGB‘s posted a video of Epic Mickey 2 in action. The video, which is ten minutes in length and taken from the Wii version, is below the break.

It’s out on PS3, 360 and Wii this fall alongside a spin-off on 3DS.

1. _LarZen_

I dunno…I expected something more artistic.

2. The_Red

Same here though after the screens I was prepared. This looks decent for a Wii game but for a the 360/PS3, it’s simply a horrible looking game with higher resolution than Wii.
    I know they said HD versions have their own separate assets but the screens for such versions don’t look much better than this Wii video.

3. Cyph0n

Are the graphics on the Wii that bad? Or is it the dev’s fault?

4. benzitor

Agreed…For the Wii its fine, but for the others, the gpu is a bit under used.
    Just release it for Vita, and i buy it in a heart bit.

PS: i still feel this game is a bit better than the lazy “supposed to be” pixel art 3DS game.

5. The_Red

I actually like the 3DS version and want that to be released on Vita. Still, the main versoin (HD) definitely should look better than this.

6. back_up

that’s wat happen when wii is lead platform
    boooooo

7. StolenGlory

Why the hell aren’t you banned yet you insufferable cretin?

8. xxJPRACERxx

This look of what I remember from N64 games, except higher-res.

9. The_Red

Come on. It’s actually kinda funny to have an always active troll. Unlike some other trolls, he has never (not once) posted something normal or non-fanboyish.

You know, it does feel like a N64 game. The other video I had seen seemed to look a bit better. This one is definitely worse.

10. benzitor

@5 I am normaly a 2D addict, but i wouldnt want this 3DS version on Vita…Except if they did a “rayman origin” facelift. The artworks are fantastic, but the games seems without any ambitions….It is like a Castle of illusion copycat, with no sens. Like a lazy game… Even on 3DS we could expect a lot more from devs.

Regarding the HD version, yet again, it lacks ambition. It feels like a bit soulless…

Hope all the versions will turn out excelent, as i enjoyed the Wii original game quite a bit…

And of course, a Vita version would make my day

11. back_up

Why the fuck aren’t you banned yet you sufferable cretin?

12. Gekidami

They’re pretty much “that bad” unless the game uses low detail textures and cell shading to look ‘cartoony’. Thats why Nintendo have shifted all of their new games in that direction.