Nintendo has announced how to discover and collect hundreds of special AR Cards to use with Kid Icarus: Uprising, which feature characters, enemies, bosses, weapons and other items which appear in the game.
The game not only recognizes the cards, but viewing an AR Card with it also unlocks the card’s corresponding Idol.
Here’s more information on how consumers in the US can collect the AR Cards:
- Included with Kid Icarus: Uprising: Every copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising will come packed with a selection of six randomly chosen AR Cards from a set of 20 possible AR Cards.
- Exclusive Club Nintendo Giveaway: As a special treat for Club Nintendo members, three AR Cards will be given away starting today. Members can receive the Great Reaper, Palutena and Drill Arm cards. Consumers without an existing Club Nintendo membership simply need to sign up to receive these three cards.
- Retail: By visiting select GameStop locations and participating in Kid Icarus: Uprising game-play sessions on April 14 from 1-4 p.m., players will receive five AR Cards, including Eggplant Wizard, Skyscraper Club, Fireworks Cannon, Minos and the Fiend’s Cauldron. Consumers who purchase the game on March 23 at Nintendo World in New York will receive the Three Sacred Treasures card as a special gift.
- Publications: A selection of AR Cards will also be available through several magazines. In the April issue of Game Informer, subscribers will receive the Power of Flight card. Nintendo Power will feature a pack of three cards including Poseidon, Thanatos – God of Death and Medusa (Battle) in its April issue. Best Buy will also offer three special cards, including Pit, Pandora – The Goddess of Calamity and Samurai Blade in the April issue of @Gamer, its in-store magazine.
- Events: At several upcoming events, Nintendo will be handing out packs with a random selection of AR Cards while supplies last. WonderCon (March 16-18, Anaheim, Calif.) and PAX East (April 6-8, Boston) attendees are encouraged to stop by the Nintendo booth for special AR Card packs. Additionally, Nintendo is hosting upcoming Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer tournaments at GameStop locations in Los Angeles and New York. Tournament attendees will also receive special AR Card packs.
Consumers who pre-order Kid Icarus: Uprising at GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon.com and Nintendo World will receive a bonus download code for 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, a re-mastered 3D version of the NES original. The download code will be given to customers who pre-ordered Kid Icarus: Uprising when they purchase the game, and must be redeemed by June 20, 2012. Retailers may require a deposit for pre-orders. Kid Icarus: Uprising will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States.
The game is out on Nintendo 3DS March 23 and is now available for pre-order.
Check out another new video for it below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.