Ridge Racer Unbounded screens show really fast cars

Friday, 2nd March 2012 15:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Namco has released a new screenshots for BugBear’s upcoming racer, Ridge Racer Unbounded.

The screens introduce the various cars in the game and there are a few action shots in there as well.

Those who pre-order the game will be upgraded from the standard edition to the limited edition, which includes five vehicle skins representing various Namco franchises while another bonus includes six more cars.

More details on the pre-order bonuses can be found in a previous post on the matter.

A trailer showing off the game’s environments – which are also depicted in the screenshots – is posted below.

Originally due on March 2 in Europe, Ridge Racer Unbounded will now release on March 30 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. SplatteredHouse

Some of these shots are glamorous. It’s a pity that the article doesn’t also include a video of the featured track being played, and developer commentary, so that we can see how it compares in motion. Unfortunately, the lack of that just leaves us with pretty pictures, easily enhanced and even maybe, unreliable.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Did you ever think I didn’t get the developer diary in the email? Therefore I was unaware of it?

3. HeavyD-Love

I know this is unrelated to this article, but it’s kinda close to topic…

Anyone know if US version of PS-Vita Ridge Racer is going to be improved from already released version? I read that it’s bare bones right now.

4. SplatteredHouse

@2 No. The thought not once crossed my mind, because my comment wasn’t a criticism of your article directly (I’m not aware that such a developer diary exists, to begin with), but more that without that to accompany, the fault being with Namco entirely, I think it’s difficult to see how well those examples in the shots reflect actual play.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Okay thanks. Actually, CVG just posted a new environments trailer for it. As soon as I find a YouTube trailer for it I will add it.

Sorry I read it the wrong way – my apologies for being overly cranky for no reason other than I was being defensive for naught.

6. SplatteredHouse

no problem at all, and thanks for adding the video. :)