GameStop US to open 3,000+ stores for Mass Effect 3 midnight launches

Thursday, 1st March 2012 07:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

GameStop US has announced it’ll open 3,600 stores in the country for midnight launches of Mass Effect 3 next week.

There’ll be special events in place featuring streams from Edmonton, Canada – where BioWare’s HQ is based – as well as West Hollywood, Chicago and Boston.

GameStop will also offer pre-order bonuses, like the N7 valkyrie assault rifle and N7 defender Armor, as well as an additional $50 off a Kinect to go with shouting voice orders at your group or selecting in-game story dialogue if bought between March 6-11.

The BioWare RPG launches in America next Tuesday for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. endgame

Hello! Can anyone tell me where can I get this online? And no! Not from Origin. It’s overpriced (50euros) there. Thank you!

2. GrimRita

I dont think you can endgame, as a digital download anyway. Thats why EA have Origin, so they can dictate the price and ensure its OTT.

Your only other option is probably Amazon if they ship to you

3. endgame

Well I’ve checked both amazon.com and .co.uk and they either won’t sell it to me (the digital download version) or they will but at an even higher price than what Origin sells it for. There was one local store that was selling it but surprise!! they’re not doing it anymore. Just like GAME. So it seems I only have two options now Origin or torrents. And even though I really don’t want to pirate games, I literally don’t have enough money to buy it form Origin so.. :((

4. endgame

Yes! I got it from Green Man Gaming! It’s cheaper and you also get Dragon Age Origins which I will gift to a friend. :)

5. daytripper

n7 collectors edition for 360 sold out everywhere :-( gutted. my fault, should of pre ordered much eariler.