Mass Effect 3 features a reversible cover

Wednesday, 22nd February 2012 22:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

BioWare has received the first copies of Mass Effect 3, and posted a celebratory unboxing video with a delightful surprise.

After showing off the game’s inserts and discs, BioWare’s David Silverman flashed the game’s reversible cover – which features FemShep but is otherwise identical, allowing gamers to choose which Commander they’d prefer to have displayed.

Although FemShep had been confirmed for an appearance on one side of the Collector’s Edition tin, BioWare has kept quiet about this neat and much appreciated little gesture. The developer has also released a rousing renegade trailer featuring the female Commander, as well as a small batch of screens and some cameos in other trailers.

Mass Effect 3 is due on March 6 in the US, March 8 in Australia and March 9 in Europe, on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. I’m going to the shops to swap all the covers around as soon as they hit the shelves, mwa ha.

Thanks, The Border House.

1. Talkar

I like how he covers up the key for the online pass, then puts it on the table for everyone to see xD

2. fearmonkey

@1 – yeah lol, and you can read it too. I assume he registered after he made the vid, be funny if someone did it before he did.

3. Talkar

Well if you do buy the game, for whatever reason, you could try it out i guess :P

4. xino

female hoe shepard:)

5. Night Hunter

They should have done this with every Mass Effect game if you ask me, but as I hate all three covers maybe it would have been best if Shepard wasn’t featured at all ;)

6. Moonwalker1982

Guys, you can barely see the code at all. Could you actually really read that code? I can’t.

7. Talkar

WQ962-P792V-GTMGG-GXCVT-R3GMZ

8. TheWulf

What I’m hoping is that they’ll have it so that the game ships with some showing the lady version of Shep, and some showing the bloke version. That would be a lovely statement about gender equality, rather than having all versions with the guy Shep on the front, and the lady Shep tucked away behind.

9. Dark

man , i was looking forward for this game but after i heard about that DLC crap .. it just killed the hype for me
    i don’t think i’m going to buy it now and if i did it will be the last EA game for me.