Rockstar not ruling out new L.A. Noire, GTA V news in next “few months”

Monday, 13 February 2012 18:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar has said it won’t rule out the possibility of making a new L.A. Noire, despite the closure of IP creator Team Bondi last year.

It said in an open Asked and Answered feature that it may not be done with L.A. Noire just yet.

“While there won’t be any more DLC or additional content for the current release of L.A. Noire (we’re all too busy working on Max Payne 3, GTAV and other games to come), don’t count out the possibility of a new game in the L.A. Noire franchise in the future,” it said.

“We simply have not decided anything. We’re all very pleased with how that game turned out and are considering what the future may hold for L.A. Noire as a series.

“We don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually – see Max and Red Dead for evidence of that – we have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing.”

On GTA V, Rockstar added little over what was seen in the game’s announcement and first trailer last year, but promised that it was continuing to be “very hard at work” on the title, adding more additional information would come “starting at some point in a few months’ time.”

Grand Theft Auto V currently goes without a date or platforms, but is expected for Christmas this year.