Sony has announced a Starhawk Limited Edition is available for pre-order through GameStop, and anyone who pre-orders the game will receive this instead of the standard edition for no extra charge – plus it comes with a download code for Warhawk.
According to Sony it comes with $20 worth of bonus content, including two DLC packs containing new maps and multiplayer skins, the soundtrack and the aforementioned PSN download code for the original Warhawk released on PSone.
Here’s a lovely bullet list of the items contained in the package:
- Maw of Despair Outcast Pack: Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior MP Skin
- This challenging co-op mission takes place deep beneath the planet’s surface in a particularly dangerous Rift mine. The Maw of Despair is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The heart of each Shade Warrior blazes with pure Rift energy, granting them extra toughness and combat ability. The firefights you’ll encounter in the Maw of Despair co-op mission will push your shooting skills to the edge.
- Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack: Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin
- An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard — known throughout the Frontier as the best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below, Huxley’s shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.
- Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme: Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that help bring the Starhawk Universe to life. Only available through the Starhawk Limited Edition.
- Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone): Download and play the title that started it all.
- Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz’s sweeping original score available as a PSN download.
Shots of the Limited Edition are posted below.
The Starhawk beta is going on for Plus members and Uncharted 3 players at the moment, and on February 14 IGN will be handing out keys if you wish to try your hand at one. If you don’t luck out, it goes live for everyone February 21 and 22.
Game’s out on May 8.