360 Syndicate demo launches – 10 minutes of HD co-op

Tuesday, 31st January 2012 10:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s gone live with the four-player co-op demo of Syndicate on Xbox Live Marketplace. Watch ten minutes of four-player co-op after the break.

The taster, which can be queued up here, comes in at 723Mb. it’ll launch on the US PSN tonight and EU PSN tomorrow.

The Starbreeze shooter arrives on February 24 in Europe for PS3, 360 and PC. Playing in the video are myself, Pat, Colin and Kevin from EA UK.

1. Colin Gallacher

Downloading! :D

2. Patrick Garratt

I’ve downloaded it, but can’t get a game. It won’t connect to the server.

3. Patrick Garratt

Someone on Twitter just told me it’s down for maintenance.

4. Patrick Garratt

Balls. Someone’s got it working. I hope it’s not because I’m in France.

5. Patrick Garratt

EA’s servers are down. Added up update.

6. Joe Musashi

I bet the servers are fine. But it’s an EA game and it’s online. You probably need to pay 10 bucks for your online pass. :P

JM

7. Johnny Cullen

We just played it. Lot harder than I or any of us thought, but still enjoyed it.

Video’s going up soon.

8. freedoms_stain

For a company that have been really pushing the online pass and other such incentives EA really do have a piss poor network.

They really seem to have let it sprawl out into a shitty mess that’s barely clinging together.

Back when I was playing Bad Company 2 on a daily basis you really noticed how high occurrences of “cannot connect to EA online” are, even with BF3 occasionally I’ll be loading into a match then bam, back to desktop “blah blah blah EA online”.

According to my EA account I have no EA email subscriptions, when I hit unsubscribe on the emails I keep getting anyway it tells me I have no email subscriptions to unsubscribe from, I’M STILL GETTING EA EMAILS. And their live chat monkeys are fucking useless, took the guy 20 fucking minutes to get to the question “do you have an EA account?” When I incredulously asked him what the hell he’d been doing for the last 20 mins if he was only asking that now, he said “I was working on your account”, bullshit mate.

Their battlefield veterans program is also a joke, it’s broken, pain and simple, and if you ask them to add any titles the system has missed they’ll just lazily add every single BF game to your veteran rank regardless thus making a farce of the whole notion.

I daresay I could go on.

9. Patrick Garratt

The video’s there.

10. DSB

@8 You know what the worst thing is? It’s been that way since at least Battlefield 2. It hasn’t improved one iota in seven years.

You’d think that Origin would mean an investment in buffing up your overall infrastructure and services, but that doesn’t seem to be happening. Even the client itself is stuck in a sloppy beta build.

Their supporters obviously don’t speak english, and their mods ban you for saying things like “I’m 12″. It’s a massive display of incompetence.

The only company I know of that’s able to provide a similarly shit service, is Microsoft. There’s no limit to how much of your time they’ll waste in not helping you.

11. freedoms_stain

*watches video* I see Pat has met his old nemesis again, the right analogue stick :-D

@10, I meant to mention their long standing failure in forum world, how did I miss that one?

12. DSB

I got two things from that video. The interface is criminally fucked, and the entire level is made from bland gray concrete.

Apparently we’ve gone from weapon wobble (terrible) to full-on interface wobble.

Innovation sucks.

13. Colin Gallacher

@11 :D

In his defence I had to lower the sensitivity down on mine. Could hardly hit a thing at first!

14. Patrick Garratt

Yeah. I probably should have done that.

15. StolenGlory

My biggest problem with the video (aside from the abysmal interface that you pointed out) was that it depicted a game that appears to have completely abandoned everything that seemed remotely cool about it in the first place.

The hacking of utilities, making folks commit suicide remotely, retreiving data from fallen foes… all of these things were missing and what we seemingly have is an indentikit, loud and very grey shooter in it’s place.

Perhaps they decided that the essence of the game just doesn’t translate well to four-player co-op thus the seemingly generic approach, or mayhaps the other co-op missions offer a greater deal of variety? Regardless, this looks so trite and perfunctory that it’s almost offensive.

Oh and the amount of tearing is atrocious too.

16. Fin

Big fan of the UI. Luv the ammo on the gun.

17. TheBlackHole

Wow. I WAS really excited about this.

:S

18. viralshag

Played the demo… thought it was pretty awesome.

19. xino

and these are the same people hating on the game when it was announced.

though glad they like it now

20. LOLshock94

yeah its good but once you no your way around the missions it gets really short…at least there 10 missions on release.

21. Takeshi

Hmm, not really looking forward to this, but I will give it a go tomorrow. The initial trailer really blew my mind, but when you think about it, it is just another FPS.

22. G1GAHURTZ