Konami confirms Japanese release for Silent Hill HD Collection

Monday, 30th January 2012 07:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Konami’s announced it’ll release the Silent Hill HD Collection in Japan. The pack, which will consist of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, will release on March 29 for PlayStation 3. There’s no mention of the 360 version on Andriasang, but one would assume it’ll be there.

The western release for the collection is March 6.

1. Maximum Payne

I found this HD collection disgusting.Here are there games that makes Konami or Capcom here where they are and they don’t even change controls,camera not to talk about graphics.
    People would think such classics would deserved some kind of upgrade instead cheap up scaling

2. LOLshock94

@1 i think it would of been better if giving the chance to change the controllers but i do no what you mean

3. Phoenixblight

I am fine with improved lighting and redone texture with this collection. I can actually read the stuff on the walls and the monsters aren’t textured by a twisted door texture like the original. I also preordered the collection for 30$ if the collection was going for the full amount I would agree with you but it isn’t. I can enjoy the game once again after losing Silent Hill in a move from California.

4. Maximum Payne

@3 To be honest I didn’t look to much for SH HD remake because everyone is announced it like Devil may cry , splinter cell…
    Aand Splinter cell don’t have even MP or coop which was solid in Chaos Theory for example.
    Only good remake was Halo anniversary edition and that was something and rest is just pathetic.

5. Phoenixblight

This is not a remake though this is a remaster. Its much like Star Wars going on the Bluray and being scaled for that only they didn’t add new things to the game to “make it better”. I will pay 30$ for that because;

1) it has been 7 years since I have played Silent Hill 2 and 5 years since Silent Hill 3.
    2)This gives me a chance to replay it because if I wanted, without getting the remakes, I would have to pay 100$ for each game through a 3rd party or pirate it.

6. Maximum Payne

@5 Look, ok I understand that, it is just very cheap from developers side for most of HD collection.

7. Phoenixblight

Well yeah it is cheaper to do a rerelease of a older game but the point is people still buy it. Konami had hired a studio to handle the collection while Vatra was making Downpour.