Ubisoft: Next Assassin’s Creed to be “biggest to date”

Thursday, 26th January 2012 13:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has vowed this year’s Assassin’s Creed will be its “biggest to date”.

Speaking to MCV, Guillemot said the company is “pleased” with its continued success with the franchise.

“Assassin’s Creed is an incredible franchise and there are a lot of expectations that it will continue to grow. We are pleased with our continued success so far: in the US, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations was a Top Ten title for the entire calendar year, which shows that the demand is definitely there,” he said.

But he shrugged off suggestions that yearly installments is doing damage to the series.

“We think that delivering regular instalments and expanding the brand to other platforms will continue to satisfy the demand, while at the same time attracting new fans. And we’re confident that the next instalment of Assassin’s Creed will be the biggest to date.”

Guillemot’s comment could be read between the lines as a hint a 2013 title is basically coming, and not opting to take a break with the series after this year, as we suggested at the launch of Revelations.

1. Maximum Payne

After Revelations I feel bored and a bit forced to play.While climbing is fun and graphics are nice its getting repetitive .I don’t watch nicely design building instead you are watching it like tool to climb.and my gosh how many weapons and tool to just kill guy.
    I really think it need a re boot in terms of control,combat,stealth…

2. DSB

I recently forced myself to play through AC2, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game with so much pointless filler.

It was completely ridiculous. It might be a 25 hour game, but at least 10 hours of that is just tedious reruns.

I also have Brotherhood laying around from a GFX purchase, but I’m so sick of AC after playing through 2.

I’d much rather spend 10 hours with Arkham City.

3. Razor

Marketing spiel is marketing spiel.

4. HeavyD-Love

AC1 = good.

AC2 = awesome.

AC2.5 (Brotherhood) = overpriced expansion pack, not bad, had to force myself to go through it

AC2.75 (Revelations) = are you fucking kidding me?

AC3 = IT’S ABOUT FUCKING TIME and damned right it’ll be “biggest to date”……it had better be “unfuckingbelievable” you greedy cunt bastards…

5. fearmonkey

I started AC1, ran into a game killing bug, waited for the patch, quit when I ran into another killer bug, and never finished.
    I started AC2, ran into a game killing bug, waited for the patch, got bored with all the extra filler stuff, and never finished.
    Never played any of the further games.

The story is interesting, the gameplay interesting, but the series never hooked me completely.

6. DSB

AC1 was like a tech demo. AC2 had more actual content, but it just insisted on repeating it over and over and over and over again, which is the only reason why it took so long to play through.

I don’t get why people enjoy that stuff, it was tedious to the extreme. With games like Uncharted and Batman offering less filler and more thriller, I don’t see the appeal.

7. Sadismek

When I first played ACI, I was at a friend’s place, and that game seemed amazing to me. But when I actually got a proper gaming rig, and got to play it, it was bad, repetitive, but the story was kinda interesting.

I simply loved ACII. Probably because the setting was incredible, something different from the gray settings of the first installment. And why should I lie? Ezio’s voice was truly incredible :P. However, after re-playing it before I got my Revelations copy, I found it extremely repetitive, with lots of empty space filled by some free-running and killing idiot guards. How could I be so blind?

AC: Brotherhood didn’t trick me anymore. Yes, it had Ezio and yes… umm, in fact that was all! They tried to make Ezio look more wiser, but they didn’t get it right. The dialogue was almost non-existent, apart from some disscussions with Machiavelli, but worse than all, the game had no purpose at all! If I try to remember anything from my experience, almost nothing comes to my mind. Ubi added too much useless content. Probably Leonardo’s missions were the only ones that actually saved some of the game.

I found Revelations in almost every way better than Brotherhood. The graphics were really nice, and I simply loved the colourful Constantinople, the specific clothes of that time and the overall desing of the game. It still has some of the problems that are a signature for the series, like the combat, which is a bit improved, but not something remarkable, but, actually, there were a lot of things I enjoyed, like the hookblade and the fluidity of movement it gave, the improved Assassin Apprentices, which are harder to grow now, and are not almost invincible like in Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. And I simply loved the parts with Altair. I’m kinda surprised that I liked this game so much while a lot of people hate it or declare it the worst game in the series so far, when Brotherhood exists. I don’t know what to say about the Multiplayer, because I was never attracted by it and I didn’t play too much of it.

The crude reality is that Uncharted and Batman easily wipe the floor with Assassin’s Creed. They are better structured, offer more action, they improve greatly from the latest installment (Batman’s case here) and they don’t release their games yearly. I hope Assassin’s Creed III will actually be the best of the series, and bring a better stoy and some clear improvements, but if another game is released in 2013, I think someone should either wake up Ubisoft and open their eyes by force, or give this franchise in more capable hands.