Blizzard pulls BlizzCon for 2012, to return in 2013

Wednesday, 25th January 2012 14:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Blizzard’s said it won’t be hosting BlizzCon in Anaheim, California this year due to the company’s “jam-packed schedule.”

The full quote provided by Blizzard was: “In light of our jam-packed schedule, we’ve decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013.”

The Battle.net World Championships, which typically take place at BC, will still take place, however. Locations on that and BlizzCon 2013 will be announced soon.

Blizzard currently has Diablo III for an early 2012 launch, as well as the currently undated StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and the next World of Warcraft expansion Mists of Pandaria, plus upcoming MMO Titan.

In fact, Blizzard VP Rob Pardo said two years ago that Titan wouldn’t be announced until this year at least. BlizzCon, for all intents and purposes, would very likely have been the place that unveiled it.

Last year’s BlizzCon seen new Diablo III and Heart of the Swarm content unveiled, as well as Pandaria’s formal announcement.

We’ve emailed the company for a more detailed statement.

Thanks, WoW Insider, Massively.

1. deathgaze

Thanks for reminding me, yet again, that Diablo III is still not released. Now I have to go stare at the official Game Guide more and imagine what it might be like to play the game… Sad face…

2. GwynbleiddiuM

Damn, especially since many people including me are looking forward to find out what Titan is all about. But, that can’t be entirely bad, this would mean they might be in actual development phase of Titan and I’m sure the first Diablo 3 expansion pack is mapped out and they want to show some serious stuff come BlizzCon 2013.

I just wish they announce a release date for Diablo 3 and MoP. I’m serious bro, you need to gimme the Diablo 3, I waited tooo damn long for this. This is what that’s killing me, eating me away and pushes me toward insanity. I NEED TO KILL SOME OF HIS MINIONS!

3. SplatteredHouse

I really want them to pull a “oh yeah, and just so that you know our game’s going to be available from tomorrow morning in stores and digitally”! They haven’t set a date. There’s no solid indication of a month. “Early 2012″ If they did that though, it would be amazing.

4. Talkar

I can’t wait for HotS! It looks absolutely awesome ^^

5. themadjock

If anyone wants a Vg247 battle on Starcraft 2 while we wait for Diablo3 add me. I am a pretty nooby zerg in bronze league, don’t play much 1 vs 1 because it’s frustrating and prefer to have delusions of grandeur from watching too many casts on youtube.

6. jldoom

Lol @3 that would be great. I was looking forward to hearing a bit about Titan myself.

7. LOLshock94

has he got an invisible penis in his hand?