The Witcher 2 Xbox 360 reveal coming this Thursday

Monday, 23rd January 2012 23:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

CD Projekt RED will host a livestream on Thursday, January 26, to detail the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

The developer has promised to announce the release date and console-specific features, plus debut a new trailer.

Tune in to the series’s Facebook page at 6:00PM GMT (10:00 AM PST, 1:00 PM EST and 5:00 AM on January 27 AEST).

The new version of last year’s most beautiful RPG is described as an “adaptation”, not a port, and CD Projekt RED is happy to call it “one of the best looking games on Xbox 360 ever”.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. LOLshock94

is this the medicore rpg game? EWW id rather play skyrim

2. Moonwalker1982

Super awesome! I absolutely can’t wait to play this on my Xbox 360. More RPG is always good! I’m expecting a release before summer.

3. fearmonkey

@1 – ? – I hope your joking – The Witcher was one of the best RPG’s I have ever played.

I am very excited about this. I was so disapointed when the first one got canceled for the consoles, I really hope this one actually makes it, day 1 purchase.

4. LOLshock94

@3 yeah i think its rubbish tbh kinda linear as well

5. Moonwalker1982

Oh i’m pretty sure it will make it, they are gonna announce the release date this thursday. If they are already having an event this early in the new year, all about the 360 version, that’s a very good thing. I hope for a April release, april doesn’t seem to be that crowded, except for Risen 2 that is.

6. Talkar

Even if it was too linear, it doesn’t mean it was a bad RPG. It just means you actually have to play your role (Wow, having to role play in an RPG, i know right?).

7. OrbitMonkey

I don’t mind linear. Skyrim for all its open world loveliness is now a fucking chore. 60 hours in and nothing new… Nothing to work for, except to finish quests… Yay :-(

Can’t wait to hear the pc brigade trolling about how inferior the 360 version stacks up to their mighty rigs ;-)

8. fearmonkey

@7 – I’m about 250 hours in Skyrim and I have a ton left to do. For me it’s the exploration, that is my favorite thing to do in any RPG.
    I re-purchased the original witcher on steam over the holidays when it was a few bucks, that game is still beautiful now.

@4 – The Witcher is more linear as you mentioned, but it allows you some freedom too, it’s just a different style of RPG. I understand not caring for games being too linear, I dislike modern JRPGs for that. I have played a bunch on 360 and lose interest quickly, which is strange since I used to love them. The gameplay seems stale, nothing really changed much.

9. DSB

Responding to trolls is never a good idea :P

“is this the medicore rpg game? EWW id rather play skyrim”

None of you saw the irony in that? Wow.

The Witcher 2 is one of the most mature games I can remember playing. Instead of treating you like a fantasy geek that just wants to walk through a few more obvious clichés, with a few sexually provocative elf-ladies thrown in the for the “conneseurs”, it actually treated you as a human being, with a working brain.

I think that makes it stand out amongst the vast majority of games today. It was pretty linear and contained, but that’s probably also why it’s so good. You can tell there was a lot of care and attention put into it.

It actually made me pick up the books, and I was pretty surprised to see that the books themselves were inferior to the game.

10. LOLshock94

@9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

11. Moonwalker1982

A very immature reply indeed my friend. Just because it is liniar its rubbish? I guess ALOT of games out there are rubbish for you then? Sigh.

12. LOLshock94

@11 last year was the worst year in gaming ever…only good games i played were dead space 2 gears of war 3 and skyrim….. THUG LIFE

13. IL DUCE

Cant wait

14. BULArmy

Nah the original Witcher is a better game if it comes to story, feel of the world and even some gameplay mechanics. Nonetheless The Witcher 2 is still one of the best games of 2011, but as a huge fan of the original I was seriously disappointed from the sequel for what it is compared to Witcher 1.

15. DSB

@14 That is the most insane claim I’ve ever heard :P

The Witchers combat mechanics was “Select combat style and click enemies when the sword lights up”.

It was a terrible game in pretty much all respects. I’m amazed that they were able to go from “that” to The Witcher 2.

16. Moonwalker1982

Now i just know that you are talking nonsense on purpose.