We’ve already told you about the upcoming double-act that is Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – play the demo of one game to receive unlockable items in the other?
In case you’re not so familiar with the deal, EA has thoughtfully sent over a new trailer to explain what’s what.
The demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be out on January 17th (that’s next week!), while the Mass Effect 3 demo hasn’t been dated yet but can’t be too far behind.
A quick recap – the Reckoning demo will unlock these fun things in Mass Effect 3:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
Playing the Mass Effect demo will unlock these bits and pieces for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
And believe it or not, there’s a third set of unlocks as well! The Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo also unlocks items in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning!
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.
Phew. Confused? What you must do is obvious: Get both demos, get both games. Make EA happy. You know you want to!
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.