Report – 3DS Circle Pad Pro provides 480 hours of gameplay on one battery

Thursday, 8th December 2011 20:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A report over on Andriasang states that the Circle Pad Pro for 3DS will last for 480 hours of gameplay using just one AAA battery. Nice to know, since the battery is protected by a cover-plate that requires a screw driver to remove it. Still, that is a bit inconsequential, since the battery will last for 20 days, and that’s if you used the peripheral for 24-hours a day the entire time. The Circle Pad Pro and its nifty, extra thumbstick will release alongside Resident Evil: Revelations in Europe on January 27.

1. triggerhappy

Jan 27 for RE:Revelations?? Damn, i thought it was march or round about. Looking more and more likley i’ll be picking up a 3DS for this. Wish it had more games of that kind of standard.

2. Colin Gallacher

@1 I’ve been seriously tempted to pick one up before Christmas, the time just seems about right. Oh and 2012 line up is looking alright as well.

3. deathgaze

I foresee one of 3 possibilities with this.

1) Nintendo actually invented the most efficient battery known to man. This thing is gonna be super heavy, tho.
    2) This statistic is actually stand-by time.
    3) It’s complete bullshit.

4. Sini

I think you read it wrong, they’re talking about powering the 2nd stick addon only with that 480 hours, not whole 3ds, which will still be limited to 3-5 hours before recharge.

5. fearmonkey

I will never buy a new nintendo handheld at launch anymore, they always much improve it for the next model, and I bet that the 2nd stick will be included in the next version…….

6. ultramega

I’m feeling the same way now too.

Though looking at the 3DS’ button positioning, I don’t see how they can possibly find a design to comfortably fit the second thumb stick on a re-design. But who knows.