Nvidia posts revenue and profit growth thanks to “highly anticipated blockbuster PC games”

Friday, 11th November 2011 15:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nvidia’s financial results for Q3 saw an increase in revenue of $1.1 billion compared to $843.9 million yoy and in profits with $178.3 million compared to $84.9 million yoy, thanks in part to increased interest in “highly anticipated blockbuster PC games.” The firm noted growth in desktop GPU sales, naming Battlefield 3 as a major factor, along with Modern Warfare 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

“We believe this surge of PC gaming demand will drive increased demand for NVIDIA’s GeForce products despite the soft consumer PC market,” said Nvidia’s Rob Csongor. “We expect a multiyear PC gaming cycle, as the PC becomes increasingly more powerful than 5 to 6-year-old gaming consoles.” Thanks, Gamasutra.

1. Se_7_eN

Awesome news!

NVIDIA (EVGA)I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

But in all seriousness Nvidia we both know people didn’t have to ‘Upgrade’ to run MW3 maxed….

2. GrimRita

I doubt very much people are rushing out to upgrade their graphics card to play SWTWoW because graphically, its nothing to write home about!

Its great news though for Nvidia, although this time around I went to ATi!

3. Erthazus

Modern Warfare 3 and SW:TOR?

Seriously?

Who is that retard buying the latest videocards for these games? :D

4. Talkar

True SWToR isn’t. However, it is still the most preordered PC game from EA ever, and it does still require more from a PC than a lot of console ports, so a lot of people that are going to play this game still have to upgrade, even if it doesn’t utilize DX11. But i can’t really take you serious. On multiple ocasions you flame this game, like you want some attention, so i’m giving you some now. You also been severly wrong several times. You’ve said that the FrostBite 2 engine for BF3 is shit, which it obviously isn’t (i’m not a fanboy, i haven’t played BF3 in over a week). Hell you’ve even said “Ive had some decent hands on time with SWTOR and I enjoyed it.” regarding SWToR, so why do you feel the need to flame it again and again?

5. Se_7_eN

I thought SWTOR looked beautiful when I had the beta maxed out, it definitely doesn’t require much to run, but if you have all settings maxed it is very pretty for an MMO.

6. GrimRita

@4 – I have NEVER said that Frostbite 2 as crap. The first one, yes because it is.

And yes, I have had some hands on time with SWTWoW and enjoyed it, but since then, the recent batch of updates have been very disappointing as it clearly is showing that this game isnt going to do anything different to WoW (apart from story – big deal!).

To finish, the reason why I mentioned SWTWoW is because thats what Nvidia are claiming – for a game that isnt any where near on the scale of BF3 in terms of graphics, I find it odd why people would rush out and buy a top of the line graphics card for something that looks like WoW, which can be played on a cream cracker of a graphics card.

7. Talkar

You have called Frostbite for shit, several times, here is a link to just one of those time: http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/06/battlefield-3-will-not-be-sold-steam-due-to-valvess-tos/ comment number 24.

I agree with you that SWToR in no way will push any graphical limits the same way BF3 did. But it will still require an upgrade from a lot of people, not to a topline product, not at all, but still an upgrade ;)

8. Se_7_eN

@6 – Have you played TOR? It looks nothing like wow graphically…. I think you just bitch about anything EA does TBH.

And Talkar just called your ass out.