The Lord of the Rings: War in the North’s launch trailer features giant bird

Friday, 28th October 2011 14:29 GMT By Patrick Garratt

You remember the huge eagle chaps Gandalf flew around on in Lord of the Rings? No? Remind yourself with the launch trailer for War in the North, which features a brief look at one of the goggle-eyed feathery bastards in between a bunch of magic and shouting. It’s developed by Snowblind, and looks about as “adult” Lord of the Rings games are ever going to be without the elven lady pants coming off.

It’s out on November 25 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Edo

November 11 !?Well that’s some bad timing.

2. viralshag

I thought this was out later in November?

3. Blerk

It is. It got delayed recently, it’s now the 25th iirc.

4. Patrick Garratt

Sorry. It’s November 25. I’ve changed it.

5. Blerk

Feels like it’s being sent to out to die regardless of date, tbh. Which is a bit sad because it looks like it could be pretty good.

6. Gheritt White

@ 4: Nov 1st launch in the USA, Nov 4th launch in continental Europe, Nov 25th launch in the UK.

7. viralshag

That blows. I probably would have bought it on the 4th.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@5 What I played of it at GDC was lots of fun. Don’t “let” it get lost. Go pick it up. It should arrive here at the house for 360 on Nov 1, (alongside UC3 on PS3), so if anyone is in the mood for a bit of co-op, hit me up.

9. Gheritt White

Hi Steph, I might very well take you up on that offer :)

10. viralshag

@Steph, Any idea if there will be a demo? And yeah, if I don’t get it on the PC I might pick it up for the 360 for some co-op! :D

I have a feeling it will be an impulse buy when I pick up AC:Rev as I will put that off until pay-day.

11. Stephany Nunneley

@10 I have heard nothing regarding a demo. Sorry. I can ask if one will be released soon, or maybe after the release.

@9 Please do! My handle is MadamSarcasm. :)

12. viralshag

@11, Cheers, I’m not that fussed. Unless it gets really terrible scores I will probably get it.

13. Takeshi

Lol, Steam still says 4 days for Europe.

14. CityCobra

Here is a review!
    GamingXP: 75% !!

The game stands for lots of action, a story besides the One Ring and cooperative gameplay at its best. With two friends by your side, this game shows what it‘s really worth.

15. viralshag

Yesterday Steam had the UK launch as 1st November. If it had stayed that, I would have purchased it there and then. It’s now changed to 25th :(