Quick Quotes – Goldeneye as the “godfather” of shooters

Wednesday, 26th October 2011 23:34 GMT By Brenna Hillier

“We talk about the original N64 game as being like the godfather of first-person shooters. You know especially from a multiplayer, split-screen point of view. People loved it. There’s a pressure, but it’s also quite an honour to work on it.”

Goldeneye Reloaded producer James Steer speaking to CVG about working on the first major console shooter. Goldeneye Reloaded releases for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 1 in the US and November 4 in Europe.

1. Anders

Console shooters, maybe.

2. Colin Gallacher

I don’t see how there’s any pressure anymore. Goldeneye hasn’t been relevant for over 10 years and releasing this in November pretty much means they’re shooting themselves in the foot.

3. triggerhappy

@ Colin Gallacher: “releasing this in November pretty much means they’re shooting themselves in the foot.”

Thats what they did last year. Two Bond titles, same day, same week as COD, Bloodstone bombed, Bizzare closed. Sad story really, I generally love 007 games even if they are a bit mediocre, still Bond innit :P

4. OrbitMonkey

What makes this more bizarre is that surely Activision KNOW its going up against their BIGGEST SHOOTER EVER!!

5. Colin Gallacher

I gave Blood Stone a good shot last year, mainly because I had a friend who worked on the game down at Bizarre Creations (before Activision closed the studio) and it was actually quite good. I too enjoy them….well most of them. If you liked Rogue Agent then I will hunt you down and cry in front of you :(

6. triggerhappy

@5: LOL no, never played Rogue Agent. Ive been wanting to replay Everything or Nothing for ages now, in my opinion thats the best 007 game ever :P Glad you like Bloodstone, it so didn’t deserve the slating it got.

7. G1GAHURTZ

Not Wolfenstein 3D, then?