Mon, Oct 17, 2011 | 05:33 BST
Dark Souls patch to rectify multiplayer issues
From Software has announced a new patch for Dark Souls, to address a handful of issues including some glaring multiplayer problems.
- Fixes to certain spells and effects:
- Magic Shield, Strong Magic Shield
- Tranquil Walk of Peace
- Ring of Fog, etc.
- Unlimited uses of magic and items
- Regular weapons rebalanced against reinforced weapons
- Adjustments to the player matching conditions
- Loading problems when switching between maps
Of particular note is the matchmaking fix, as there have been reports of problems for those trying to find co-op buddies or invade other players, and a change to the Ring of Fog, which has rapidly become notorious for its overpowered use in PvP situations.
No date on the patch yet, which is listed only for PlayStation 3 at present, and will bring the game to version 1.04. From apologises for the inconvenience and promises an update soon.
This is at least the third patch the PS3 version has seen so far; online functions were disabled completely shortly after Japanese launch to fix multiplayer problems, and a second patch resolved a number of system freeze problems.