Warner delays Arkham City PC into November

Tuesday, 20th September 2011 15:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Warner Bros has announced its delayed the PC version of Batman: Arkham City into November. No exact reason for the delay was given, and no new specific date was given other than just November. The PS3 and 360 versions are unaffected, and are still on schedule for October 18 in North America and October 21 in the UK.

1. Fin

Wonder if this is becoming a proper tactic to avoid piracy (“I was going to pirate it on PC, but I’ll buy it on console instead”)?

2. Erthazus

I think it’s because of Nvidia’s latest PhysX technology and 3D.

Latest Nvidia videocards goes apeshit with 3D for example in some games and there are already a lot of drivers for 400-500 series.

and Arkham asylum had fantastic physX and 3D effects in the game. It was probably the only game that used physX right.

3. Maximum Payne

Well considering they put 3D,Dx11,better quality overall I really don’t mind.

4. YoungZer0

@1: Ubisoft says no.

5. loki

fail on pc anyway

6. Edo

Thank god ,there are no games that I will play at that time,oh wait…

7. Takeshi

Shit, guess I’ll get it on PS3 then. Definitely not worth waiting on the PC version for one month, and especially not when I don’t even have a computer powerful enouhg to give me a better experience than I’d get on my PS3. Hopefully, we’ll learn just why they’re delaying if it’s because of pirates or to polish the extra technology.

8. Phoenixblight

Computers are the most expensive and hardest to test for also Console games out selling PC games. With testing you have to do compatibility, useability and those on the PC are the hardest to do because of the combination of PCs plus there may be even a driver from Nvidia, or ATI that will make the performance of the game that much better.

9. deadstoned

Not cool, the PC version will suffer from a November with too many other AAA games being released. Then WB/RS will say ughhh, no money in the PC market “derp”. Egits…

10. Quasar

*cancelling the preorder and pirating it

11. Hunam

They did the exact same thing with the first one and it was a lot better for it. I don’t mind one bit tbh.