Brink, Enslaved, The Curfew up for Writers Guild award

Monday, 19th September 2011 14:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Organisers of the Writers Guild Awards have announced the nominations for the Best Videogame awards. Splash Damage’s Ed Stern for Brink, Ninja Theory’s Tameem Antoniades & film producer Alex Garland for Enslaved and ex-journo Kieron Gillen for The Curfew are all up for the award, which will be given out on November 16 at Notting Hill.

Thanks, Videogamer.

1. Gekidami

You must be joking, Brink?

2. LOLshock94

did it even have a story?

3. freedoms_stain

Brink actually has 2 stories, one where the Security are successful, one where the Resistance are successful. You have to play the chapters in order and win the round as a single factyion o actually get it.

It’s not a bad story, but it isn’t told particularly well because of the way the game works.

4. Ireland Michael

Of all of those, Enslaved is probably the only one on the list deserving of any sort of writing accolade.

Are there special requirements to get on this list? Because Portal 2 should win every reward. Ever.

5. Phoenixblight

Way to ruin your crediability Writers Guild. I can see ENslaved if I squint my eyes but Brink?! So who do you have to sleep with to get a writing award.

Agreed!

6. NeoSquall

Never, ever heard of The Curfew or its author.

I agree, Brink’s story doesn’t really fit in the whole “writer’s guild award” category.
    I would see Vanquish as a much better candidate, too bad it’s writers are Japanese.

7. Ireland Michael

@6 Vanquish? Really?

I mean, I get that it’s intentionally overblown and over-the-top, and that’s half its charm, but it’s story isn’t exactly anything to write home about.

8. NeoSquall

@8 At least it’s better than Brink’s.

Don’t get me wrong, Brink’s story has good premises, but its exposition falls flat compared to Vanquish’s.

9. pukem0n

Vanquish actually had one of the better scifi scenarios and stories in video game history. at least thats my opinion.