A video history of console boot screens

Saturday, 17th September 2011 17:40 GMT By Andrew Groen

Take a stroll through the past with this oddly entertaining look at the loading screens for past gaming consoles.
Please do be aware that there’s a slightly NSFW intro hear as the video creator decided to voice his disdain for Youtube at the beginning.

Thanks, Kotaku!

1. Yoshi

Interesting to watch back and see that Playstation kept to a similar concept with all three of them with a simple and stylish design.

I thought Xbox 1′s was pretty cool until it comes up with XBOX (no trolling intended, I’m serious. It looks just so bucky and out of place against the cool first part)

2. Butcher8

Actually I felt that the ps3 startup was soooo bland whilst the xbox ones (both consoles) were visually impressive as well as the most memorable. My fave of all time goes to the megadrive version of Sonic loading up, “Segaaaa” still gives me chills in a good way.

3. dfgjnyjjrhazcvb

Come go and see, will not regret it Oh look

4. YoungZer0

God, i love the intro of the original Playstation. Just those soundeffects alone.

5. tenthousandgothsonacid

It’s a bit biased, you only get about half the ps3 start-up

6. The_Red

Lovely video. Original PS1 and Sega Dreamcast are the best IMO.

7. The Evil Pope

For me —-> 360/Gamecube/Dreamcast

8. Nozz

Playstation. Even just the sound of the boot screen was awesome.

9. Johnny Cullen

The original PlayStation one. It made you feel epic (no it didn’t, but it made you feel cool for owning something awesome).

That Dreamcast one also makes me feel guilty over never actually owning one. :(

10. Christopher Jack

Loved the original PlayStation’s boot up. After all the failed disk reads, the PS2′s really got on my nerves, can’t stand it any more, nor will I allow my younger sister to handle my games.

11. Lounds

Top 3
    SEGA MEGA Drive “SEGA!!!”
    PLAYSTATION