Diablo III’s beta is on the horizon, the ACR beta opens up on PSN and Battlefield 3’s hit howmanypreorders? Get the details in video and text form below.
- Featured Content 1: Pat takes a look at why he’s finally accepted that those who’ve complained about always-on DRM have a point. How so? His internet’s still down. Hilarious.
- Featured Content 2: Steph spoke to one of the co-founders of Pros vs GI Joes at Call of Duty XP. It’s a very good read about what seems like a great charity.
- Blizzard’s told VG247 that the public Diablo III beta is “very close” to beginning. Its now begun its Family and Friends portion of the taster.
- EA said last night that Battlefield 3 pre-orders have passed 1.25 million. It also said to expect a date for Star Wars: The Old Republic either later this month or “sometime in October.”
- Development on Wii U is not looking too rosy at Nintendo at the moment: 01net’s claiming its architecture has been “rushed out the door” and that engineers are struggling with the tablet controller.
- Dragon Quest X’s been in development for six years, according to an ex-Square employee.
- Nintendo’s confirmed the circle pad add-on for 3DS.
- SCEA’s claimed that it has better software sales for PS3 against 360, although admitted that Microsoft had the edge in terms of hardware sales.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations’ beta is opening up on PSN as of today. Go stab some shit, yo.
- Zelda’s on the next Game Informer cover. The mag’s taking a look back at its past 25 years and also previewing six hours from Skyward Sword.
- 500 people are working on Call of Duty across “four or five studios.” Baffling.
- Sledgehammer’s Call of Duty effort was like Dead Space in atmosphere, according to GM Glen Schofield.
- ESRB’s rated Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3 for PS3 and 360. Collection, ahoy.
- Here’s some new Persona 4 goodness.