Thu, Sep 01, 2011 | 07:59 BST
AU News Wrap, September 1 – What happened today
Let’s make this snappy, kiddies. It’s late night shopping and I wish to exercise my capitalist tendencies.
Jaffe 2.0: David Jaffe on putting gameplay first
This is an amazing read! A long, long, long amazing read which is well worth it.
Yes, it’s the Dandies again today, but don’t blame me; I’m not in charge of iTunes roulette. This is the album where one of the tracks is also on the soundtrack to the second Tomb Raider film. What happened to that reboot? I should probably find out. That’s kind of why they give me money.
If you need to delve further back in time, do check out Steph’s US accounting, and even more distant, Johnny’s European summary. Speaking of Johnny he’s recording another Bulletcast today, as Pat and co are actually stuck in Sweden which is, let’s face it, pretty god damned hilarious.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition contents detailed
I’m trying to think of a comment, but my approach to straight military shooters is best summarised as “meh”. Sorry. I try.
- Twisted Metal has “so much depth”, leans on strategy and teamwork
Not only can I not drive or shoot, I’m terrible at tactics and strategy. I am going to be the worst at this.
- PSN to be incorporated into new brand, Sony Entertainment Network
About time! Well done, Hirai – imagine what it must have taken to pull all the disparate threads together and make this happen.
- Videogame History Museum reaches funding goal
Well done, everyone! Whether you put a dollar in the hat or just spread the word, you deserve some credit.
- Doom and Doom 2 de-indexed in Germany
Is Germany easing up a bit on its classification policies? At all? Serious question.
- Batman: Arkham City to have New Game Plus option
Sounds tricky – just the way I like it.
- XSEED teasing creepy new horror title
/watches trailer. Euuughhhh, that’s… I want this game.
- Sony: Vita is all about games
Is it March yet? Not that we know it’s coming in March, but March is about how long I can wait before importing.
- Pachter: Sony set to win the holidays
We’ll see, eh? It’s closer than it’s ever been; neck and neck. That’s good for everyone.
- Capcom looks to West for mergers and acquisition opportunities
This is a bit sad, isn’t it? But the industry’s utterly broken so hey! Whaddya gonn’ do?
- Australian PS3 sales quadruple after price cuts
So, I guess we sold at least four!
- FIFA 12 demo dated for September 14 in Australia
This may be the first time in my life I have asked myself when a sports demo would come out.
- Final Fantasy XIV to drop two level system
The struggling MMO plods towards respectability.
- Report – Team Bondi in administration
Never mind, Australia! Come back and try again later, maybe when your economy’s not utter balls.
- Thursday Shorts – 3DS Metroid crashes, CoD XP tickets, Diablo II intel
Sometimes you just can’t squeeze a whole paragraph out of it.