Driver: San Francisco video details multiplayer

Monday, 1st August 2011 12:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft has released a new video for Driver: San Francisco, as the Reflections reboot prepares to launch a month tomorrow. Stace had a look at the multiplay recently, as well as had a chat with Reflections creative director Martin Edmondson. You can get all of that here. Video’s below the break. Driver: San Francisco launches on September 2 in the UK and September 6 in the US for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Maximum Payne

OMG what a FAIL.So game like Blur which emphasise on this ability’s and driving didn’t succeed now Ubisoft are going to make one of realistic IP and turn into BLUR ?

2. Blerk

My son was watching some footage of this on Playr this morning. It looked…. terrible.

Edit: That in itself doesn’t look too bad, though. The world looks kind of nice and it’s all very smooth. The single-player stuff from the TV looked corny as hell – there were big talking heads in the corners of the screen while you were driving along having a conversation, proper cringeworthy stuff.

3. Maximum Payne

@2 They said its 60 frames per second.

4. JeRicHoOL

It’s not reminding me of the original Driver series in 1 bit. And ripping off BLUR? Very original Ubisoft. -.-

5. Yoshi

I can already smell latency issues unfortunately.

6. David Sarkisjan

The interface “effects” make this look bad, but I can see the fun factor.

7. BULArmy

Sheesh give more original ideas that don’t ripp off Blur, guys. For me it looks very nice and definetly I am buying this game.

8. Maximum Payne

@7 Problem is this is NOT A DRIVER GAME!

9. StolenGlory

Driver isn’t Driver anymore.

The essence of what made Driver special back in those hallowed PSOne/PC days, has long since been folded into the GTA franchise pretty much.

10. Maximum Payne

@9 I know but this is just like insult :)
    Similar how Gearbox done with new Brothers in Arms:furious 4

11. StolenGlory

Good god – the new Brothers In Arms just looks…reprehensible.

12. DrDamn

Errr – I quite like the look of that. What I liked about Driver – and other Reflections driving games (in particular Destruction Derby 1) – was the control you had over the cars and they way you could make them move. I think that is still there. That they are doing quite a lot with the MP is a good thing – quite like the sound and look of a lot of it. Not really getting much of a Blur vibe beyond the arcadey style power-ups. Looks more Burnout to me.

Oh and split screen multiplayer in an open worldy type game – but that’s not possible, at all, in the slightest, even if you put restrictions on it … is it Criterion? ;)

13. Razor

@5 Indeed. This has lag-fest written all over it.

14. Gadzooks!

I dont see any resemblance to Blur apart from the fact its a racing game. It certainly doesnt handle like Blur or have similar track layout or the focus on powerups.

Multiplayer modes look quite interesting. Could be good.