Riot Games has announced the end of Season One for League of Legends, which garnered over 15 million registrars, 4 million active players per month, and 1.4 million log-ins a day.
The firm also said peak concurrency in North America and Europe hit around 500,000 players and an average of ten games of League of Legends start every second of every day.
“We are extremely proud and appreciative of the devoted League of Legends community which has grown substantially over the last year and a half,” said Riot CEO Brandon Beck.
“We’re committed to continuing to match their dedication with our relentless focus on ongoing enhancements to the player experience with great new features, content, and polish – and we have some very exciting surprises in store just around the corner.”
Here’s some more interesting stats:
- Every day, over a million games of League of Legends are played, most consisting of two teams of five players.
- Gamers spend 3.7 million hours in-game on League of Legends every day.
- The official website for League of Legends receives over 6 million page views per day.
- 1.4 million people like League of Legends on Facebook, and League of Legends videos have nearly 100 million views on YouTube.
- Over 1,690,000 viewers tuned into the online broadcast of the League of Legends Season One Championship, with concurrent viewership peaking at over 210,000.
League of Legends celebrated its first anniversary on Oct. 27, 2010, and Riot plans to launch the game in China, Southeast Asia and other regions during the remainder of 2011.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.