Atlus needs a distribution partner for EU Catherine release

Thursday, 21st July 2011 08:59 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Atlus USA isn’t againt the idea of launching horror-puzzler-romance sim Catherine in PAL territories, but it needs to secure a business partner first.

Atlus USA’s Aram Jabbari told Joystiq the company has “no plans at this time” to bring Catherine to Europe.

Jabbari said Catherine is in a similar position to Persona 4 and 3D Dot Game Heroes, distributed by Square Enix and SouthPeak respectively, in that Atlus doesn’t have the resources and infrastructure to launch the game outside of the US.

Don’t give up just yet – it took Namco Bandai eight months to bring Demon’s Souls to Europe after its US release through Atlus.

Catherine launches in the US on July 26, on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

1. BloodyJoe

At least there is an English version. So whoever wants to play it can. But Tales of Vesperia still needs that!

2. gribb85

My money’s on Namco Bandai, it’s a perfect fit. If they get involved I promise I’ll buy twenty copies.

3. Suikoden Fan

Atlus really need to spend some big money and get a european branch, europeans have complained about this for years and until they do we will keep complaining about it

4. Johnny Cullen

@2 It’s not Namco, I can promise you that right now.

5. Gurdil

Well I ain’t waiting for that to happen. Pre-ordered my Deluxe Edition in Canada :)

6. Suikoden Fan

Square Enix have the rights

7. Blerk

It’s a risky one to pick up, for sure. Far from a guaranteed success, and the potential for a tabloid backlash. Actually…. a tabloid backlash might do it a whole lot of good, sales-wise. Providing it doesn’t get outright banned.

8. NeoSquall

They should talk with Square Enix, european publisher of P4, or Ghostlight, which is publishing a lot of good titles, including Persona 3 Portable.

Plus I especially love Ghostlight because their customer service is fantastic and they sent me an additional t-shirt (of Record of Agarest War Zero) when the one included in my P3P collector edition wasn’t the right size (XL instead of L) and they couldn’t send me a proper sized one.

9. Unlimax

it will end with Square enix ..

10. AHA-Lambda

@4 – know something johnny?