Mass Effect 3′s James Vega slips out of his armour

Monday, 18th July 2011 01:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

There’s not been a lot of love for Mass Effect 3′s new crew member, James Vega. Perhaps this latest sneak peek might improve his reception.

Mass Effect producer Casey Hudson released the image below to the Mass Effect Twitter feed to celebrate his 10,000th follower.

Vega looks rather more interesting out of armour than in it, although the TwitPic comment thread suggests fans aren’t digging the newest human team member.

Mass Effect 3 is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2012.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. FrankieDF

Nope. Still a big gorilla who is more than likely thrown in here to make the game more comfortable for CoD players.

2. endgame

and he still looks like a f**king douche…

3. DarkElfa

Damn, buff dude is buff.

4. triggerhappy

Yeh there totally barking up the wrong tree with this.

5. Phoenixblight

Actually No he is thrown in the game as a bone to those that read the books. He is in the military so he should be toned out not ” for CoD players”

6. endgame

@5 I’ve read the books and I strongly dislike this guy. he’s pathetic. all muscle and no brain. also he’s ugly. precisely what the mass effect crowd hates.

7. Shubb9

Big dumb meathead = fail. Freaky weird alien = win. You would have thought all the frankly scary Tali threads on the Bioware forums would’ve taught the devs something about their fanbase. Or maybe it did…

8. OrbitMonkey

9. endgame

@8 oh so u like tough male characters!? and hating female-ones? wtf? r u a guy or a girl?

10. OrbitMonkey

@9 Where did I mention I hate female characters? The fact you question my gender implies you yourself may have some *issues* with ladies.

Please feel free to misinterpret & react defensively if it helps you out.

11. DSB

Gamer feminism is on the rise. It’s the first sign of the serious pussy draught that heralds the apocalypse.

Everybody’s turning into N’gai Croal.

12. endgame

@10 “The more stories I read about the *fans* hating on any tough male character, loving female Shepard & obsessing on alien sex, the stronger my impression of them being a sad bunch of dweebs grows o_O” which means that: 1. u like guys and 2. u dislike females. now if u’d have been a girl that would have been totally cool but since u’r not, sh*t.

13. Fin

You’re a homophobe?

A homophobe with a fear of the word “shit” apparently.
    Tool.

14. OrbitMonkey

@12 I see you took my suggestion of misinterpretation & ran with It. Let me explain.

I do not hate females. I find it hilarious that Bioware trot out female Shepard as some feminist role model & all the *fans* nod piously, stating how much better the voice acting is. Her popularity has nothing to do with sad dweebs fapping themselves silly over lesbian sex scenes, not at all.

I wonder how popular she would be If these scenes were removed? Then of course you have the knee jerk hate of any tough male character. Their obviously too similar to the bullies. that made the sad dweebs lives hell in nursery.

Is that clear enough for you? I’m more than happy to clarify further if confusion remains.

15. IL DUCE

Who the f cares you got a million other crew members to use…just let him sit in the ship the whole game if you dont like him and quit whining like a bunch of little babies…

I usually roll with whichever chick I’m trying to get in the sack and someone whose style I’m digging at the moment, switch it up a bit, so I don’t really care…