The Japanese hardware and software charts for the week ending July 10 finds PSP back on top after being pushed out last week by 3DS, and L.A. Noire debuted strong on PS3.
Cole Phelps is on the case
L.A. Noire debuted in Japan for the week of July 4-10 and sold a combined 71,057 units on PS3 and Xbox 360. The PS3 version topped the chart, with 58,436 units sold, and the 360 version moved 12,621 units.
inFamous 2 also debuted, and moved 33,474 units. Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon cam in third and fourth on the chart for PS3 and 360, respectively.
Last week’s number one title, Tales of the Abyss, fell to the 14 spot.
All in all, there were eight new releases in the top 20 for the week.
Below is Media Create’s top 20 sales chart for the week ending July 10,2011. Last week’s figures can be found here.
- L.A. Noire (PS3): 58,436 (New)
- inFamous 2 (PS3): 33,474 (New)
- Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon (PS3): 30,189 (New)
- Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon (360): 17,817 (New)
- Wiimote Plus Variety Pack (Wii): 17,008 (New)
- Little Battle eXperience (PSP): 15,807 (244,790)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D (3DS): 14,985 (240,738)
- Steins; Gate (PSP): 13,700 (99,088)
- 007 Goldeneye (Wii): 13,216 (49,390)
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii Remote Plus Pack) (Wii): 12,877 (388,074)
- L.A. Noire (360): 12,621 (New)
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3): 10,512 (65,436)
- Atelier Meruru: Alchemist of Arland 3 (PS3): 10,421 (116,762)
- Tales of the Abyss (3DS): 10,034 (84,207)
- To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers (PSP): 9,321 (46,717)
- Class of Heroes 3D (3DS): 8,353 (New)
- Pokemon Black & White (DS): 8,271 (5,227,336)
- Gundam Memories: Memories of the Battle (PSP): 6,559 (72,327)
- Yakuza Of The End (PS3): 6,297 (394,902)
- Haruhi Suzumiya’s Mahjong (PSP): 5,285 (New)
Software top 20 chart offerings per system:
- PS3 – 6
- PSP – 5
- Wii – 3
- 3DS – 3
- 360 – 2
- NDS – 1
- PS2 – 0
PSP and 3DS continue to play musical chairs
PSP was once again on top of the Media Create charts after 3DS took the top spot last week thanks to Tales of the Abyss.
The Sony handheld moved 26,373 units, and 3DS moved 22,943 units, which is a difference of 3,430 units.
Sales for other Nintendo handhelds fell a few hundred units over the prior week, with Wii moving 645 units more than last week.
Xbox 360 moved 228 units less than last week, PS2 sales surged a bit, and PSPgo managed to sell 34 units for the week, compared to last week’s 7 units.
PS3 sales were down 3,541 units compared to the prior reporting period.
Japanese hardware sales, July 4 – July 10, 2011 (separate SKUs)
- PSP: 26,373
- 3DS: 22,943
- PS3: 22,900 (26,441)
- Wii: 13,068 (12,423)
- DSi LL: 4,811 (4,963)
- DSi: 4,725 (4,504)
- X360: 2,016 (2,244)
- PS2: 1,309 (1,222)
- DS Lite: 56 (138)
- PSP go: 34 (7)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.