Catherine demo’s English dub – HD video with voiceover

Wednesday, 13th July 2011 14:42 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Atlus released the US version of the Catherine demo for both PS3 and 360 yesterday, giving a first-hand look at the quirky action-puzzler’s English language conversion. Hit the link for 15 minutes at 720p with narration from me.

I say in this movie that I don’t know how long the demo is, but I went back and finished it after the recording. It ends with the second level you’ll see here, so there’s very little else you won’t find in the video.

Catherine releases on July 26 in the US for both 360 and PS3, and is already out in Japan. There’s no hint of a European ship as yet.

1. freedoms_stain

Looks like Pat got forked.

Man this is a lame pun, I shouldn’t post it, but I will.

2. Patrick Garratt

I manned up and went back and did it. It’s a bit annoyingly easy to make mistakes. I supposed that’s the game, though.

3. Lightmanone

Maybe no european shipping BUT.. The PS3 version will be region free. So if you own a PS3, just import it from amazon.com or something ;) There are some dutch retailers who are doing this already for the pre-order, for July 26th ;)

4. Patrick Garratt

I wouldn’t mind a go on the full version. It’s actually pretty funny.

5. Johnny Cullen

@3 I’m importing the US version at the end of the month. I might write something up on it anyways.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Wasn’t impressed with demo at all. Seems the sexy anime is only thing this game really has going for it.

7. NeoSquall

@3 I’m actually importing the Deluxe Edition from Videogamesplus.ca and it’s costing me 68,71 euros, shipping included, which is slightly less than a standard edition game in my country, lol.

8. xino

freaking hoe >:/

9. Schindet Nemo

@Squall

How much are games in Italy then?

10. NeoSquall

@9 PS3/360 games, standard editions: 65/70 euros each
    CEs: +20/30 euros each, except “big” packages/titles like Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which are listed at 149 euros

PC games, standard editions, well known publisher: 45/50 euros each
    CEs, if the publishers bless us with PC CEs (i.e.: they didn’t do it for Arkham Asylum and GameStop still doesn’t list Deus EX CE for PC): +10/20 euros, with exceptions like Warhammer Online, whose CE I paid 80 euros on release. well worth them.
    Lol, I remember walking in my local GameStop last March and seeing TW: Shogun 2 CE at 109 euros, while I spent 65 for mine from TheHut.

Then there are special re-releases by FX Interactive, that sometimes bothers to fully localize select PC titles in Italian and sell them dirty cheap, like King Arthur (without DLCs and incompatible with them) at 19,95 euros, Kings Bounty: The Legend, Armored Princess and its sequel, all at 9,95 euros each, Tropico 3 Gold at 19,95 euros (I don’t remember well, it may also be 9,95) and the latest is Dungeons, DLCs included, at 9,95 euros.

I purchase most of my games abroad because they cost me 15/20 euros less for both standard and Collector’s Editions, shipping included, thus I don’t mind waiting a week or two for them.

11. Brenna Hillier

It’s a pity Pat skipped the text messaging – all the choices and stuff you make in parts like that make up the life/romance sim half of it. I think it’s much more interesting than the puzzle part – although, I must say, I’m way better at that than you, Pat ;)