Forza 4 CE detailed, pictured by Microsoft

Monday, 27th June 2011 11:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Microsoft’s dropped details on the collector’s edition of Forza Motorsport 4, confirming a steelbook edition and an additional set of cars to come with it.

It’ll come with a steelbook case, custom designed BMW cars that’ll also be available to buy from Marketplace for those who don’t buy the CE and a 96-page photo book known as “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” which will contain photos of cars from the game taken by the game and Top Gear.

It’ll also come with a VIP car pack. Here’s what’s in it:

• 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

Microsoft had already detailed a launch car pack for anyone who buys a copy of the racer at launch.

There’s more details on the CE here – including a Turn 10 VIP thing and what car’s on the cover for it.

Forza 4 launches on October 14 for 360.

1. The Massive Slag

Day one. Although I’m a bit nonplussed at the decision to put a BMW saloon – albeit a super one – on the cover. Not very aspirational is it?

2. Fin

Q3/Q4′s going to hard on my bank account :(

3. bluffbluff03

Really like this blue style ;)

@ 2: Absolutely!

4. Razor

I’m going to kidnap Kazunori Yamauchi, tie him to a chair and make him play this game endlessly.

Even without playing FM4, I know that it’s almost certainly going to be a leap and a half over GT5.

5. viralshag

GT5 was some seriously boring wank.

6. mathare92

@4 You couldn’t. He’s too busy winning 24-hour races at Nurburgring and what not. :) Also, he wouldn’t last five mins with Forza. He’d tell you the driving physics are borked and the stitching on the interior fabrics is all wrong.

@5 Now that’s constructive criticism if ever I seen it.

7. IL DUCE

Yeah…definitely day one…can’t wait for this, I’ve tried other racing games like Shift, GRID and GT5 and I definitely prefer Forza…

@2 Hell yeah dude…this is my hit list so far – Deus Ex, Madden, Gears 3, Rage, Forza 4, Arkham City, BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Halo Anniversary…hopefully that’s it or else ill be living out of my car by the end of the year…Luckily, Mass Effect 3 got pushed back into 2012…(And I’m still contemplating Dark Souls, AC: Revelations and SR: The Third…)