Raiden voice-actor “completely in the dark” over returning for MGS: Rising

Monday, 23rd May 2011 07:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Quinton Flynn, the voice-actor for Raiden in the Metal Gear Solid series, has said he’s “in the dark” over returning to the character for Rising.

He said that he hasn’t received any invitation from Kojima Productions or Konami about coming back to the role.

“I am completely in the dark. I have no answers. I have no idea,” Flynn told TheGamingLiberty in an interview.

“I have not been approached in anyway shape or form. There has been no communication. There’s been no information and I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve tried to make efforts to find out what’s happening and have not been able to get any answers at all.

Flynn added: “I would love for them to make that phone call. I would love for them to give me a jingle and let me know that maybe they’ve been working on lots of other stuff for this game and now they’re ready for me. But I don’t have high hopes, let’s just put it that way. I’m not expecting anything.”

Flynn took on the part of fan-hated Raiden originally in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. He returned to the role for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots with a new look to the character from MGS2. Fans seemed to dig that.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising, which will see Raiden’s transformation into his ninja form from MGS4 following MGS2, remains undated. It’ll release on PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Mike

I thought this game should’ve been out by now?

2. Erthazus

I think they will use him just a bit later.

3. fouzi fayaz

Cmon kojima there is no rising withount raiden special voice

4. Dralen

I’ve got a feeling we won’t be seeing this game til next year.

5. AHA-Lambda

seems like this game is stuck in dev hell =s

6. xino

well that means he’s not voicing him if he hasn’t received any calls.

by the way

Metal Gear Solid…………..RISING!

I love that title voice:)

7. ManuOtaku

Theres a big chance that Maybe Raiden cut his own tounge practicing with his brand new katana, think about it Flynn

8. Crab of Thunder

I guess this either means they have ditched him or they really haven’t progressed far in developing this game. Actually either way i think it’s gonna take a while before we get this.
    Just give us MGO version 3 please.
    Pretty please :’(…