Resistance 3 gets seven-minute gameplay video from Mississippi River

Thursday, 19th May 2011 16:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s released a brand new, seven-minute long video of Resistance 3, this time based on a level in the game from the Mississippi River. The video shows Cappelli and Malikov under attack from the Chimera whilst going down the river, fending off grimms, shock drones and even dropships while trying to stay hidden from a goliath. Get the video below, with new screens over on the EU PS Blog.

Resistance 3 launches on September 6 in the US for PS3.

1. Moonwalker1982

I’m sorry but it just doesn’t impress me one bit. I already disliked the second one alot, and this one seems to be very similar. I expect more from Insomniac, especially in terms of graphics.

2. Gekidami

Didnt they already show this footage?

3. Superfrog

This was leaked 5 weeks ago…

4. Gekidami

It wasnt “leaked”, Sony has already put this footage on the blog.

Odd that they’d re-release. but whatever.

5. Radiant Silvergun

Is it just me, or the character’s voice is the same of victor Reznov from CoD World at War and Black Ops?

6. onyxbox

I really enjoyed both Resistance games but that footage just looks a bit dated and a bit ‘meh’ by today’s standards.

By-the-numbers sequel by the looks of things and the jury is still out on this.

7. YoungZer0

How this series could’ve any fans is really beyond my comprehension.

@5: You mean Gary Oldman?

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Why would they show such a fog ridden crappy level?

9. Lewis247

*Yawn* What a ridiculous excuse for a sequel that no one wants. The first had potential as a big fps for the ps3 and was allright at a push, the second again could have done something but ended up looking horrible by any standards and boring game play. Now with this there is no real substance to it, all it seems is a bunch of people still alive and.. that’s it. How original. Fuck, I remember how sony fanboys used to cling to this series and give it a whole bunch of praise when in fact it is mediocre at best. Everyone knows there is 10x better games recently out or coming out soon that shit like this doesn’t stand a chance except this will be pushed because it is ‘exclusive’.

Thank God for Uncharted, THAT’S what I call a franchise.

10. HighWindXIX

I’m not sure what video everyone else watched but the one I saw was pretty awesome.

11. Goliath

@ HighWindXIX

Same here. It looks really impressive and unlike most, I had not see the video before.