Lionhead: No Fable II PC due to “new projects”

Monday, 16th May 2011 10:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Dreaming if you’re ever going to get a PC version of Fable II? Dream on: Lionhead’s said that there won’t be such a conversion due to the developer now working on “new projects.”

The comments come ahead of this week’s launch of Fable III for PC.

“With Fable III the team and time was right to create a PC version,” senior designer Mike West told Beefjack.

“Once the game went to submission the content creators started working on DLC and therefore the coders were free to start on the PC version.

“Unfortunately for Fable II fans, those same coders are already working on new projects and going back to a Fable II conversion isn’t a priority I’m afraid.”

A PC version of Fable III was announced just after GDC last March, but went completely dark until X11 back in San Francisco in February, months after the 360 version released. It launches in the US tomorrow and in the UK on Friday.

On the other hand, Fable II released on 360 back in October 2008, but never got a PC version. By the sounds of it, it may never will.

1. TheWulf

That’s perfectly all right, Lionhead, as I didn’t buy Fable III either. After seeing the video reviews and quick looks with the whole sanctuary thing, I was massively turned off.

There are so many honest reviewers out there that save me from buying real stinkers, so I can keep my money for better games. Though if you decide to create a new Black & White based upon the original rather than II as a purely PC title Lionhead, I’ll pay attention.

2. itsucks

its fine Lionhead, no need to waste efforts in piece of shit pirates. buy a console to play, or GTFO.

3. Christopher Jack

So the ‘thing’ known as itsucks just doesn’t troll against PS3 players but PC players too.

A total shame how many people have this childish hooligan or ‘fanboy’ mentality, it’s drilled it’s way into politics & religion & has nothing but a negative impact for everybody-leave it at competitive sports people.

@Patrick, mind getting rid of this child for us?

4. NeoSquall

Well, seems like I’ll have to buy a cheap 360 and try to get myself cheap copies of the trilogy, since I won’t bother to purchase a bigger HD than the standard 4Gb one.

5. Christopher Jack

I liked all Fable games, Fable III was a borderline ‘good’ game but it had nothing on Fable II which was an excellent game but both are overshadowed by the original which I still consider a genre defining game.

Still may purchase III through Steam, the fact that it’s on Steam is just odd considering that Lionhead is owned by MS who owns the competitor Games for Windows Live-awful service IMO. Not quite as odd as Mario or Masterchief on a Sony platform but still odd nevertheless.

6. Hunam

They should just farm Fable 2 out to another dev for the PC then. It really is the best one.

7. Grimrita

headline should be changed to ‘Microsoft sticks 2 fingers up at PC gamers – AGAIN’

8. NeoSquall

@5 I’m getting it trough Steam too only because of the preorder stuff, lol :D

I had to cancel my previous order at Play.com made on June 18, 2010 :D

9. Nissanthen

I have pre-purchased it on Steam too, I think I will enjoy this game quite a bit.

10. Hunam

It is a good game. People who complain about the sanctuary probably haven’t played the game. I’d much rather the menu interface from Fable 2 sure, but the sanctuary doesn’t ever get in the way and it’s fairly easy to navigate.

11. loki

Fable 2 good game – no PC port
    Fable 3 sucks – PC port is ready

12. deadstoned

I heard Fable 2 was the best in the series. Seriously Lionhead:
    Fable 1 ………… Fable 3 . That doesn’t make sense -_- .
    Not buying Fable 3 due to GFWL, crappy reviews and stupid fart jokes. Bring on a RPG Witcher 2!

13. Hunam

Fable 3 contains 90% less fart jokes than Fable 2 did.