CD Projekt Red has announced The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will include a total of 11 languages when it is released on May 17.
Full voice and text are in English, German, Russian, French, and Polish and subtitled in Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Czech, and Hungarian.
“To ensure that the audio meets the highest possible standards, we have employed our own in-house localization team as well as professional interpreters and voice actors,” said the firm. “In addition, we have closely supervised and coordinated all versions of the text.”
English and Polish language packs with full audio and text will be available at release for all registered users to download, and it will once again be possible to listen in one language while reading the other.
The languages provided in-pack in both the Premium Edition and the Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 2 will vary by region as follows:
- Germany, Switzerland, Austria – audio and text: German, French, English; text: Italian, Spanish.
- Taiwan – audio and text: English; text: Chinese.
- Russia – audio and text: Russian.
- Japan (exact release date TBD) – audio and text: English; text: Japanese.
- USA, Canada, Mexico – audio and text: English, French; text: Spanish.
- Poland – audio and text: Polish.
- Czech Republic, Slovakia – audio and text: English, Polish; text: Czech.
- Hungary – audio and text: English; text: Hungarian.
- Rest of the world – audio and text: English, French; text: Spanish, Italian.
- The Digital Premium Edition will include the following languages – audio and text: German, French, English; text: Italian, Spanish.
Additional language packs will be available to download after release, with further details will be announced in the future.